Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thank you My Faithful Army!

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. -- Psalm 32:7

It was by the support I received from so many, that I can say that my grief is a little lighter. Please make sure that you go and read the "comments" from my last few "posts". Some of the words might not touch you today, but there is no escaping the harsh reality of loving and loss, as well as disbelief and grief. I went most of my life without any real sense of loss...life was good! When loss came at me, it was with a VENGEANCE and seemed unrelenting most of the time. I pray that none of you will have to face such an extreme side of loss and grief. If you already have, I absolutely know your pain and I am sorry. If you have not, you have been blessed thus far, but it is inevitable and it will come for you too. This is why I ask that you read the comments. Copy and paste them in an email and mark them with "my protection during loss" or anything else that you find suitable. When you need them, they will be waiting to lift you up when your loss will try to drag you down. They will be your refuge as God has planned. He is preparing you as he always does. Heade His help and embrace it. It is the only way!

There has been something that I have been dealing with, and only those closest to me are aware of. It has been extremely hard on my children and my close family and friends. Yesterday, would be the day that could change things. Without going into much detail, I sat in a small room and pulled out the candle I received at Kelly's prayer service last week, held it to my heart and prayed. I prayed that Kelly's promise to me before she left this earth would be kept. I prayed that her and Robynn would work together to keep me calm, focused and give me a sign that they had God's attention. Well, as you can probably imagine those girls up there don't mess around! The sign they gave me was not small by anyones standards. It was the most blessed and unmissable sign that went beyond my wildest expectations. It would bring so much needed relief to my family. I realized that I can't ask for such a blessing without understanding who was in charge of it. Yes, Robynn and Kelly definitely had HIS ear, but HE chose to grant me this and it is ONLY through Him that we will be blessed and welcomed into His Kingdom!!!

My faith has been so far from the Lord recently. I am thankful that I am 1 step closer to getting back to Him and knowing HE IS IN CHARGE and I must surrender to Him!

My deepest love and thanks to you all!
Stand Strong!

Pray On!
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your words of strength Shelley. Yes, He is definitely in charge, yet gently yields His heart to comfort our spirit. We are all part of a wonderful family!

sheilabair said...

No words, just a hug...a REAL hug, and a prayer for an overwhelming awareness of His presence and love...for each of you.

Brandy said...

Shell Bell,
You are very special to so many :) I know Kelly was jumping up and down for you....I know she would have loved nothing more than to go out in celebration with you....Wouldn't that be wonderful? You do have a couple of amazing angels looking out for you....May their presence be forever felt....My heart is really with Brian, Haileya nd Brady right now, knowing that the Holidays can be some of the most difficult times. Please give them hugs for us often...Maybe we will get a chance to hug them ourselves this weekend :) STAND STRONG!!! Love you!!
Brandy