Friday, June 25, 2010

Prayer Requests from Miss Denise:)

What a remarkable way to serve....WAY TO GO MISS DENISE!
Here is what she wrote me.....

Hi there my dear friend,
I am coming to you with a prayer request.
My 2 daughters and myself are a part of a missions team heading to
Nicaragua on the 28th of June and returning July 10th.
I wanted you to put a post up on our blog so that our wonderful Army
Goodell can be praying for the mission and that God's word and love can
be shared to those dear people.
We will be building onto a church,having Vacation Bible Schools,women's
ministry(I will be focused on that part to help the ladies learn crafts
to sell to help support themselves.
We will be going and staying near an orphanage that my girls and husband
went to 5 yrs. ago and the girls are soooo hoping to see some of the same
kids that were so special to them.
I thank you so much in advance for all of your help,love and support.

Also my friend Julie Martin is struggling with the chemo and her cancer
will grow out of control without it.She has out lived the odds by 1 and a
half years. God has made her a miracle to all of us and has continued to
use her mightily and her life a living testimony of his LOVE.Please lift
her up in deep prayer.....I call upon the Army who is so mighty with
prayer.I am so saddened when I think of all that Robynn had or choose to
endure the same as Julie.

I hope you and the kids are well and my friends Brian and my sweet
kiddos.

I love you all,
Praying always in hope and in love,Miss Denise

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there~ Thanks for the new post. I will certainly do my part for Miss Denise and Julie Martin. Sending big hugs to all of the Goodells this TGIF morning! =)

Anonymous said...

Thank you my dear Army Goodell and Shelley thank you so much for posting my request.
As the song goes=All my bags are packed and I am ready to go on that Jet Plane.
I feel your prayers already
Praying in hope and in love for each of you,
Solider Miss Denise

Sheila said...

Checking in...hoping you, Shelley, and the family are OK. Remembering and praying...