Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blood Drive Success!!!

I apologize for my lapse in posts,but with 3 graduates and everything that goes along with it, I've been swamped! Thank you for your understanding.
I Just wanted to thank everyone who helped in ANY way to make Robynn's 2nd Blood Drive a HUGE success! In the spirit of Robynn, her Mom and Jenni where asked to choose someone who would benefit from the blood donations and proceeds. That lucky gal was one of Army Goodell's finest, Barley Parrish:) Barley's diagnose and treatment had started before Robynn's Battle began. We send out our love, prayers and support to her and her son Corey and she continues to wage war with Army Goodell by her side! Fight on Barley!!!
Below is an email from her. I wanted to pass it along....

Hello,
Yesterday's event was fabulous. I believe fifty people ended up donating blood. Thank you for all your love and support! You are the best! I had my second round of chemotherapy (since starting back) yesterday. I was very tired and crawled into bed after leaving OLG. I had some nausea, but today I feel pretty darn good. Yippee! Thank you to all who donated blood, baked items, lemonade, time, etc...A million thanks! Corey and I truly appreciate your generosity and support! Words can't express our gratitude...
Much health and love to all,

Barley and Corey
P.S. We hope you have a great summer! Please stay in touch.

Pray On!
S

6 comments:

Tracy Randall said...

It was a great day and I am glad that my family and I got to be a part of it. I am so glad to hear where the money went, it is great to see the caring live on.

On another note thank you for all the prayers for Larry. The insurance company approved the treatment and it will start on this comming tuesday. He will get his first 2 rounds in Bakersfield and then he should be moved up to Roseville to continue. Thank you Jenni for all the info on the Dr. Tami is checking into it and Larry's Dr. is checking into what needs to transpire to get him moved up with no lapse in treatment. Pray on and Thank you all.

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
Thank you for posting that! I have to correct the amount of donors to 78! Isn't that great!?!
Thank you to everyone who helped!
Thank you Army Goodell for your continued support as I battle this f%@king (Sorry, but there's no nice way to say it.) disease. Love to all! Love, Barley
P.S. I have to say it again. Thank you very much! Your support is truly appreciated! Words cannot express my gratitude!

Anonymous said...

Barley and Corey,
You are in our thoughts and prayers! STAY STRONG!!!
Shelley, what a wonderful celebration Saturday was! And Brian, it was so nice to see you eat a burger!! That was awesome!! God Bless you all.
Always in our thoughts!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Dear Tracy,
What an answer to prayers for Larry and his teatment.What a PRAISE and yes the prayers are standing strong for you all.Please tell him that Miss Denise is sooo very hoping in love that all goes well.

Dearest Barley,
Keep your eyes upwards and I am so glad that you have this wonderful army behind you and holding you and Corey up in prayer and love.
I should have introduced myself to you but I was on the way out after buying all the yummies but you looked good-keep fighting with all your might.

Shelley and Brian I think of you daily and pray for you all=I hope to see you soon.I miss you-please kiss my Hailey and Brady and tell them that Miss Denise misses them-also Hailey my Bekah is raising her last hog and it is all white and is a Yorkshire-it is a boy and he is a sweetheart and I love him already-I would love for you to see him......
Praying in hope and love-I love you all,
Solider Miss Denise

Tracy Randall said...

Larry is up in Roseville now. He has his first Appt with his new Dr. on Friday and shouldn't have to go back down for his treatment they should be able to get his treatments sent here for next week. He had his first treatment a week ago and it kicked his butt. They give a double dose to start off. Tami Is bringing him here today and his treatment yesterday wasn't as bad. The movers will be delivering everything on Friday and then It should be done. Thank you all for the prayers and I will keep you posted as to his progress.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Brian, Happy Birthday to you!!!!! I hope you and the kids are having a fun day. We miss you and love you lots!
xoxo
Enni, Derek, Polly and Bobbi