Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dear Friends and Family,

I apologize for the lapse in posts, but I really had no new news to make you aware of. We have been patiently awaiting the trip to MD Anderson scheduled for tomorrow and figured that would be the next time I would have new information to pass on. Unfortunately, that is not the case any longer.
Robynn has been doing pretty well until this past Friday when she experienced attacks of severe nausea,vomiting and cold sweats. Brian contacted their local Oncologist and she advised them that if another "attack" occurred, he was to take her to the ER immediately. Another "attack" occurred this past Saturday afternoon and Robynn was taken to Davis Sutter ER. They ran some tests, but as before, they did not feel equipped to handle her case so she was taken by ambulance to Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
What we learned next was nothing any of us expected or were prepared for. The cancer had rapidly returned! There were numerous masses on the liver and a 10x6cm mass left of her liver completely crushing her stomach. The masses were also causing internal bleeding . This reality was beyond our comprehension and left us all stunned! What was more devastating was when Brian told the on-call Dr. that Robynn had to be in Texas on Tuesday, and he responded "she's not going anywhere". There was no hope of getting her stable enough to make a commercial flight to Texas. All hope seemed to just disappear. My Mom was already in Sacramento and my Dad and I jumped on the next available flight.
Robynn not getting to Texas, was NOT a possibility! As most of you know, our family is not real good about taking no, for an answer;). So the fight became more fierce on our side! Phone calls went out to anyone and everyone that had a private plane. While this transpires, Robynn is admitted to the Trauma ICU and undergoes a total of 5 blood transfusions, 4 plasma transfusions and 1 platelet transfusion. The hope of a private plane getting her to Texas was starting to fade when we realized we had to find a medical crew to accompany her as well.
IN WALKED GOD...
Robynn starts to stabalize. The vomitting and pain subside. Her labs and blood pressure improve. "Hope" has arrived! All we have to do is keep her right where she is! Brian called the airline direct informing them of Robynn's circumstances. He lined up a wheelchair, early boarding etc. Now we wait...
Sunday is a very good day! Monday gives us a little scare when she starts vomitting when they administor potassium in pill form. Since she can't tolerate that she has to endure 5+ hours of IV potassium. We finally make it out of the hospital about 5pm Monday and now we have about 13 hours til take-off. Tick-tock...tick-tock...
With God as her Pilot and Robynn in 1st class (compliments of my brother Matt) , Brian and my Dad left Sacramento and arrived in Houston w/out incident! Hip Hip Hooray! They are at their hotel and anxiously awaiting their 1st appointment at 8 am tomorrow morning.

Our deepest gratitude to you all, for your countless prayers and unwaivering faith! You have knelt before Him and He has answered! He is so Good! His presence surrounds us and we know he will take care of Robynn and all who love her.

God Bless you!

XOXO,
S

Prayer...When life gives you more than you can stand...kneel!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I am so glad to here this good news. I truly believe thar prayer does help and and it truly works. I am a cancer survivor and I believe my survival is do toe prayer.

Anonymous said...

Robynn,
I love you and you are truly one of the most wonderful bright shining people I have ever meet in my life. I never told you how much I missed you when you moved to Sacramento, our martini cocktail hours and your baked goods delivered to our door. You always have a smile on your face and I wish everyone in life had even an ounce of your sunshine. You make the world a better place. Keep fighting this. I love you.
Michelle Oxford