Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Update on Nick Hanson

Per your request, here is a letter written
by his son Joe;

It is hard to believe that 4 weeks have gone by since my last e-mail. I apologize for the delay. I have updated some of you individually.

God is good! My Dad is doing great. I spoke with him on the phone this past Sunday for the first time in this 7 week journey. He was very encouraged and he is beginning to understand all that he has been through. He woke up from the coma a number of days ago but it was a long time before he was coherent.

The family has tried to convey how close he was to death and I think he is amazed. He really appreciates all of your prayers. He is still in the hospital and will be moved to an alternative care facility soon. The recovery for this will be long and he will likely have a lot of outpatient procedures.

Regarding his ankle and shoulder, they are healing and the infection is going away. They are nowhere near 100% but with time they will be healed. We have learned from the orthopedic surgeon that he usually only operates 2 or 3 times before amputating. In my Dad’s case, he has operated on the ankle 9 times, it is almost as if the doctor refused to give up. I believe God was in the middle of this and the ankle is now healing in a cast.

In the coming weeks, I will be preparing some notes that you have sent to give to him. If anyone is inspired with any other words of encouragement feel free to e-mail me at
joe@noriega-bradshaw.com. I would like my Dad to know how many people have interceded for him on this journey. I praise God for you and your faithfulness. His presence in this situation is both humbling and overwhelming.

Our only prayer requests are for continued physical healing of the ankle and shoulder; for my mother as she deals with his condition and the lifestyle changes that are to come; and that my Dad truly recognizes how much God loves him and all he has been delivered from.

Thank you and God Bless –

Joe & Jesica


"Army Goodell" has 11 blood donations reported so far! Keep me updated!
Way to go to our latest donors.... Sharon, Dan and Kelly!!!!

Pray on!
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update :) Our prayers are constant!!
Tons of love coming your way!!!
B.

Anonymous said...

Big Love to the Family from one of your "moose" friends!
Do they fly on Continental when they travel to Texas? If so, please let me know...I have some "Continental Currency" that is good for drinks or headsets that I'd love to send their way.
christyjourdan@gmail.com