Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Wish Come True...

It has long been Robynn's desire to visit my brother Matt's home on the beach of Punta Mita, Mexico. Her, Brian and the kids just received their passports right before she got sick. We had mapped out many scenarios, but as her health deteriorated, we were resigned to the fact that getting her there was impossible. Taking her to Half Moon Bay became our alternate plan and as you know she was sick almost the entire time and never made it on the sand.

Fast Forward, a month and a half.......Robynn is doing better than we could have ever hope for. We know it is because of your prayers and the Hand of Our GREAT Father, that this miracle has been bestowed. Based on her improved condition, we decided to revisit getting "Our Girl" to Mexico. Matt and Erin are there right now getting things set up and are whisking Robynn, Brian, Brady and Hailey away this Saturday. The kids and I, Mom, Dad, Jenny and Derek get to benefit by default!;) It has been a world wind, but I think we have all bases covered and passports in our hot little hands.

Brian has thought of everything and has taken all the necessary precautions for Robynn's care. They will leave straight from Mexico to Texas on the 6th, where Robynn will undergo her battery of tests and examinations during the first half of the week.


We are excited beyond explanation and can't wait to add this "Memory Making" trip to the scrap book in our hearts, minds and on our coffee tables.


We ask that you continue to hold Robynn up in prayer and ask Our Lord to keep us safe in our travels.
I ask that you not forget to get your local blood center and donate!!!
GIVE BLOOD, GIVE LIFE!


You are the BEST "Army Goodell"!
Love you ALL!
Pray On!
S






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all and am praying for you all to be safe and for you to create an abundance of memories during this amazing time you have ahead of you! I want to create some memories too, so I am getting my passport (and my families) and we will be seeing you all at Matt's place too...how do we get there? Can't wait!!! Get our rooms ready!!!

Okay, I am going to assume that nobody is going to cough it up on where Matt's place is...so I guess we will just be with you in spirit...which, I don't think is fair...but ... We will anxiously await all the fabulous stories..and we WANT PICTURES!!!
Tons of love and prayer for you guys!
Robynn, you get those toes on the beach!!! We are still all STANDING WITH YOU!!!!
God Bless,
XO,
B.

christine Booth said...

Im so happy to see that your feeling better and better, I was over joyed to read that your gaining weight keep up the good work. I will pray daily that your feeling fab on your trip, mexico is the place to gain weight those mexicans can cook it up I know first hand:) love you have fun and take tones of picture. sorry we keep missing eachother on the phone I hope to hear from you soon'
love ya

Sheryl said...

OH, I have goosebumps! What wonderful news. Praying it is the trip of a lifetime and that Robynn (and I guess the rest of you, too) enjoys every moment of it.

still praying in MI

-sheryl