Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grateful Goodell Family!

As Robynn and I were Celebrating our 11th Anniversary Saturday, we were sitting on a balcony overlooking the Napa Valley when we looked at each and said we didn’t think we would see this day. We then went on to reflect on the many wonderful things we have been able to do, so many thing we never thought possible:

we celebrated our Godsons Baptism on Robynn’s Birthday/Easter
we celebrated our most meaningful Mothers Day ever
we were there when Hailey Graduated from Kindergarten,
we were at nearly all of the kids Baseball games
we’ve had family vacations to Halfmoon Bay, Houston Tx, and Punta de Mita Mexico
we Celebrated Brady’s 9th Birthday
we watched Brady throw out the 1st pitch at the Rivercats game
we saw Hailey make her Runway debut at Mamaraderie
we saw the start of a new school year at Our Lady of Grace
we watched Hailey start a new soccer season
Robynn has been able to rejoin the Girls for Bunco and Friday morning coffee

and the list goes on, because the fact is everything we are experiencing now was never thought possible it is all a blessing, a Miracle and only possible by the Grace of God!

I know you all pretty much know everything I have listed but the reason I did was to remind you all of the wonderful things YOU ALL have helped us achieve. Your kind words, your supportive emails and texts, your comments on the blogs, your attendance at the fundraisers and blood drives, and most of all the unending prayers you send up to our most Incredible Lord are what has helped Robynn and the Goodell Family get to where we are today. I can never thank you all individually (though I wish I could) and I can never begin to thank you enough, but please know that I am truly Grateful for what you have done for my Beautiful Bride of now 11years and 1 day and my family. You have given Hope, Love, Support, Kindness, Selflessness and so much more when it seemed that all was lost. I know Robynn is an inspiration to us all, but know YOU ALL are an inspiration to us!

My Uncle Sonny said (long before it was a book title or a campaign slogan) “It Takes a Village!” and for so many things it does take a Village, especially Fighting Cancer. Thank you all for being the most incredible Village/Army anyone could have ever wished for you all are incredible.

Last I want to Thank You for taking on the many special requests that have been placed on the Blog. We have seen what your prayers and support have done for so many people and I know they are all Grateful! Please continue to Raise Up Baby Jonah, his mom and dad (Scott & Amy) and all of their family. I know your kind words and encouragement have helped Robynn and I know they’ll do the same for the Goodman family! You can check in on them at http://www.jonahscott.blogspot.com/

One last thing promise, there are a couple of great songs I wanted to pass on from YouTube: Stand Up For Cancer had a fabulous theme song "Don't Give Up Just Stand Up!" that is really worth listening to. Here's the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S47HSgvhneA&feature=related I believe you can also go to Itunes to purchase with procedes going to the fight against cancer.

I also wanted to pass on Callahans motivational song written and performed specifically for Robynn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY_600tqZIk I know many have seen this, but this is something worth revisiting. It has done so much for us, if you remember this song was given to Robynn that terrible week in April when things were at their worst. Look how far Robynn has come since then. Thank you Cal!

God Bless You All and Keep You Safe!

Robynns Adoring Husband!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 11TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! Brian and Robynn... I just hope that you know how much you mean to all of us out here in Robynn FanLand!!! We love you...We are praying for you....your journey is part of the BEGINNING TO THE END OF CANCER!!!! You have called attention!! You have our attention and our prayers!!! We love you and we thank you and we lift you up in our prayers to God!! We are so happy that you got to celebrate your 11th anniversary...that is quite a feat for any of us :) You are a true inspiration!!! So much love and Prayer!
God Bless!!
Big HUGS...Really...Give Big HUGS!!!
xo,
B.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You keep fighting. Just hanging out with you guys the other day was inspiration enough. You are the most genuine upbeat people I have ever met and you have changed who I am today. I am so excited for all the memories you have experienced since this fight began. What a gift. I continue to pray and think of you everyday.

Big Hugs all around from us too.

Darcy

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY....11 years? I can remember when you were the newlywed Sweet Robynn, and how helpful you were when I was planning our wedding.

Well, we'll be celebrating your anniversary in spirit as we head out for a mini-vacation for the remainder of the week.

You'll still be in our thoughts & prayers and Brian your accounting of blessings touched our hearts.

With much love & friendship~
Jill & Bob West

Sheryl said...

Wow, thank you for the reminder to look for the miracles along the way. Often we are praying for a certain outcome and miss all that God is providing. How amazing all that you've been able to do and enjoy together. I'm sure this anniversary was especially meaningful. Would love you to stop by the blog sometime and say hi. Praying on in Michigan.
-Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Robynn and Brian-

I hope both of you know what an inspiration you have been to all of us as well. Every one of us is truly blessed to have your family in our lives. I know without a doubt, knowing the Goodell family has brought me closer to the Lord and opened my eyes to what true happiness means. So, thank you Brian and Robynn. I love you two sooooooo much!

Vanessa (aka Ms. S!)

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's one of your nurse's from Sutter, Lauressa. Happy Anniversary!! I donated blood today in your name, Robynn. Consider it an anniversary present =) You are such a fighter and all of us at Sutter think about you and pray for you!

Anonymous said...

You are the family I pray to have one day and the marriage we all dream of. You are an example, in every way, of all that is good in this world.

We love you!

Mandy

Kelly Haines said...

Hi guys,
It was so good to see you again. I am sorry it was at such a sad time for your family (Joe & Dorthy's funeral). But I mention this because I sat behind you at the service. I could not help but watch the two of you and how you held hands the entire service and the loving looks you gave each other (NO I am not a stalker). 11 years beats out most marriages these days, and your 11 I am sure have been better than 11 times 11. Robynn your smile is infectious and still as big as ever and it just warmed my heart. Congrats on the anniversary and all the milestones you have celebrated.
Love you!!!!!
Kelly H.

Anonymous said...

A blessed Happy Anniversary to both of you!
You two are awesome!!!

tb

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys :)

What a beautiful message Brian! We all celebrate those wins and extra special moments with you in spirit every day!

Happy Anniversary to the two of you and thank you for sharing your special anniversary moment and reflections with us!

xoxo
Kim

TerBear said...

Brian, this is a wonderful message. Your love for Robynn shines! Robynn, I know that you love Brian just as much as he loves you. I'm so happy that you were able to spend your anniversary in Napa. It is so beautiful there.

I am so thankful that God has continued to answer our prayers. The memories that you have shared are so precious. I pray for many to come.

You are so special Robynn! Your spirit and courage never cease to amaze me. I miss seeing you and Hailey in the library, but I'm happy that she gets to go to school with Brady. They both have a special place in my heart. Please give them a big hug from Miss Fonbuena.

This is from one of my favorite children’s books, Guess How Much I Love You

"I love you right up to the MOON," he(Little Nutbrown Hare)said, and closed his eyes.

"Oh, that's far," said Big Nutbrown Hare. "That is very, very far."

Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves. He leaned over and kissed him good night.

Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, "I love you right up to the moon - AND BACK."

Anonymous said...

I love to read people's accounts of how affectionate you are with each other. I sincerely wish that I could give you a year worth my life so that you could continue to model for your children, and all of us, what marriage is meant to look like like, to sound like, and to feel like. Continue to lead by example...

Anonymous said...

Robyn,

What an inspiration you and your family has been to everyone! Happy Anniversary...knowing the Napa Valley (I grew up in St. Helena and Napa), I am sure your visit was peaceful and rejuvenating of mind, body, and spirit.

Our prayers will be with you over the coming week as the chemo cycle comes to an end.

Anne Weddle
OLG Family Member