Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Back On Our Knees...

Isaiah 33:2
O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

I wish I writing you today with good news about "Our Girl", but I'm not. The tumors in her liver have tripled in size and there are few options. Right now the only thing that has been offered up is a possible clinical trial with a drug called Avastin . Brian and Robynn are anxiously awaiting an appointment to meet with the head nurse for this trial to see if Robynn qualifies. If they can't meet with someone today or tomorrow, they will come home and return to Texas on Monday. If she is accepted she will have to travel to Texas every 3 weeks for treatment.
Needless to say, this is NOT the news we have prayed for. On the other hand, Robynn is a fighter and she will not succumb to hopelessness or despair.
If she can choose this direction, we must follow!!!
Those are your new "orders"! Chin up soldiers!

Pray On!
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes us ever more diligent with our prayers,thoughts, & feelings for renewal & restoration for Sweet Robynn's wellness!!!

Sending our love~
Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

Oh, Robynn, Brian, Shelley and all the rest of you who love this wonderful girl,
My heart hurts that we did not hear the news we had hoped for...in the last couple of weeks, I have learned that none of us should take even one precious moment we have here on Earth for granted....I pray that Miss Robynn will get her miracle and I know Kelly, Dennis and numerous others are up there fighting for that. Robynn you have been such a blessing to us all. One of my sister-in laws said that when she met you at Kelly's funeral...she felt like she was meeting a celebrity. I hope you know the impact you have had on so many and I hope you know that we are all standing with you and cheering you on. Thank you for being a part of all of our lives, especially Kelly's. She really loved(s) you :) I will hope and pray that you get into the clinical trial. We love you Robynn! Thank you so much for my Kelly necklace....It means so much to me. You are and angel here on Earth.

Anonymous said...

Robynn & Brian,

We keep praying for you and send you our love. We hope for a miracle; you deserve only the best. You mean so much to us and to so many people who are fortunate to know you. Happy Thanksgiving. Know we always think about you and miss you. You are so kind and good hearted. We love you!

Yshay, Nava, Liron, Inbal & Karen.