Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Miracle in my Life

Jeremiah 20:18
"Why was I ever born? My entire life has been filled with trouble, sorrow, and shame."

This is where I am right now.
I am filled sadness, disbelief, uncertainty and aloneness.
My life has been filled with Kelly and all of her fabulous wonders for over 25 years.
She was my "Norma"(aka Rock). She was the one, that no matter how bad it got, no matter how deep the pit was you had fallen into, she made that pit not so bad. She didn't stand at the top of the pit and yell down encouragement to you, she jumped down into the pit with you and said, "how do we get out of this together".
I'm sure you all remember the post way, way back (Friday May, 9th) about me being "kidnapped". That was Kelly coming to another "pit rescue".
She came to Robynn's rescue with the idea and implementation of her Prayer Quilt. She worked so hard sewing each square ever so lovingly and requiring that it be "just perfect" for Robynn.
When their mom fought Ovarian and then breast cancer, Kelly and Brandy were there on the "front lines" praying, supporting and researching any and all options. Simply, that's just who Kelly was!

The helplessness I felt as we sat at the hospital Monday and Tuesday is excruciating. I wanted to jump in the pit to rescue her and I couldn't. Instead, I dropped to my knees in prayer and stared through the glass and watched in disbelief as my dear sweet friend left us.
I was there, I witnessed it and it is not real. "It is not happening, It has not happened, please give her back to me, we have a lunch/shopping date this Friday and I want her there, I've already got her Christmas gift wrapped, we were going on a cruise..." It makes it so hard to breathe. Devastation surrounds me. Dear Lord have Mercy on me!
More importantly, have mercy on her children Spencer(9) and Mason(6) (through them came her biggest sense of pride and accomplishment), her husband Bill, her parents Jim and Jeannie Brown, her siblings Brandy(Marty) and Matt, niece Ryan and nephews Joe and Johnny, her "Amma" and her dear friends Raji and Shannon. Have mercy on all who loved her and the lives that will never be the same because of her.

She was a miracle in my life and I believe she is God's "right hand woman". I know she will continue to watch over us and give us strength as we climb out of the deepest and darkest pit of our lives. Thank you my Dear, Sweet Girl!

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast.

In total despair, I beg you to "Pray On"
S

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post was beautiful Shelley, and I am sure that Kelly would have been honored to hear such amazingly wonderful things said about her. It made me call my own best friend after reading...just to take a moment to tell her how much I loved her and that my world is a better place because of her. And Shelley many thanks as well...I have learned a great deal about myself as I follow Robynn's blog, but most importantly I have learned to take care of myself and my loved ones in a better and more genuine way. Thank you for that gift.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley I am so sorry, and I can't quit crying. I don't understand why some people have to have so much pain in their lives, I really don't.All I can do is pray for you,Bill,Spencer,Mason and all the rest of her family.And somehow that just doesn't seem enough.But I will be on my knees and pray that you are brought comfort and strength. Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

My sweet Shelley,
Oh how my heart aches and hurts so deeply for you.You have been so good to all of us with all the much needed and treasured blog postings.It is our time to minister to you and to Kelly's family in any way possible.Robynn has my phone numbers and I want you to call or be in touch ---I am here to talk to (I know the pain you are going thru) and if there is anything that I can do for you or the family I AM HERE FOR YOU.
Please know that I am praying for you on my knees with such tears but I do pray in hope and in love that there will be a peace for everyone and for her children and husband I am sending prayers and love to you all.
I love you so much Shelley,
saddened beyond belief-Soilder Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

I want to say something comforting, but I'm not sure that there are any words that can ease the pain of your loss. I can sense your grief and feel the enormity of your despair through your powerful words and I only hope that time and prayer can help make your journey more bearable.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwh...I just wish there was a way to put a hug through the internet! Words can't express what a hug can say without words: "you are not alone,your suffering is felt by all of us,and if empathy was a blanket you would feel warm and comforted by our virtual empathy & internet hug!"

Shelley, allow your heart to be unburdended and let 'the army' lift you up, as we lift up, Robynn & the entire Goodell crew! Virtual internet hugs & empathy during this time of uncertainty.

In Gods Love,
Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. I am sooo sorry for your loss! Words can't expres....
Love,
Barley and Corey

Unknown said...

Shelley My heart goes out to you and the whole clan. I know Kelly felt all the love from her family and friends that made her life good/great. She was a true Angel on earth, but now she is an Angel in Heaven watching over you all. Just remember Psalm 91:11 "For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." Now it maybe Kelly. What a beautiful thought that is. Praying for you all in your time of sorrow.
Robynn's Aunt Augie

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I sure wish that I could make it "ALL" go away! This year has given your family more heartache than I could ever imagine. Yet, thru it all, you & your family still walk with your heads held high & smiles bright enough to light up a football stadium. I am so sorry that you are hurting.
Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry Shelley! I know where you are, and I wish no one had to feel that kind of pain but especially you. Please know we are praying for peace and comfort for you.

Love, hugs, and prayers,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Shelley,I am sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Praying for you and Kelly's family to heal.

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley,
Thank you, thank you for ALWAYS being here for all of us. We love you Shell Bell....I hope....I KNOW that you know how much Kelly loved you and Raji and how much she treasured your girl times together. The song I'M FALLING APART is playing right now...and that is how I feel. I wish I could have be holding on to my Kelkee. Oh, Shelley why didn't I give her one big hug before she crashed...she knew...right?? I mean she knew we all loved her so much...right?....Okay...I am babbling...
Robynn and Brian,
Please give eachother a big huge hug....everybody hug everyone you love!!! NOW!!!! You all are in my prayers, please keep Kelly and our mom and dad and Matty and all of us, especially her two beautiful boys in yours..And Shelley...I love you! You are now my and Matt's adopted sister...sucks to be you, right????

Lord, I pray for you to please give strength and comfort to the many, many people in this world experiencing pain over the loss of a loved one(s). It hurts Lord, please let those loved ones who have passed feel the love of all of us left behind. Please God, please hug my beautiful sister, Kelly, for me....She is dancing for you Jesus....I CAN ONLY IMAGINE!!!!!

Mimi said...

Dear Shelley:
I saw your Mom last week and from this blog and from speaking to her, I know how much you are hurting. We keep your entire family in our prayers. With much love,
Kay and Larry