Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hi everybody

Hi Guys!

I haven't posted in awhile. This past week has been an emotional roller coaster for me. Last weekend we went to Bakersfield before the USC game and I was lucky enough to spend a little time with some good friends. We had an amazing time at the USC game and were fortunate enough to get a behind the scenes tour from one of the players. Thank you Quin and Matt! You guys rock! To cap off an incredible day the Trojans beat the Bears 17-3. Then on Monday, we found out that Kelly was admitted to the hospital. Tuesday morning at 6:00am we received the devastating phone call that she had passed. Although I know that I should be happy for her that she is with God (as my daughter Hailey told me), I just cannot find anything in my heart but sorrow at this point.

Then the roller coaster ride rises up again as I watch my daughter play her final two soccer games this weekend and win both. Her team finished the season as undefeated. I believe this is due to the superior coaching of my husband. He does an amazing job of teaching and motivating those girls.

We will be driving back down to Bakersfield tomorrow, so that we can attend Kelly's funeral on Tuesday. I am glad that we can give Shelley and Brandy big hugs in person. I know they need them. Thank you for all of your prayers for myself, my family, and my friend.

I am officially on a break from chemo right now and I cannot remember what it feels like to be off chemo, so I look forward to this break. I am also very nervous about how the tumors will respond to this break. I ask for more prayers that the tumors will not grow too much during this time. Thank you! I love and appreciate you all so very much. I know that I am a blessed individual to have so many people pray and care for me. You cannot know how much it means to me!

love,
Robynn

11 comments:

Leslie said...

hi robynn! brian texted me about the great time you had at the usc game and it just made me grin from ear to ear that you were all out there having such an amazing experience. haley's fave player is surely treasuring his new picture + autograph! and to top it off with a couple of soccer victories?? AWESOME.

now to hear that you have lost kelly. i was amazed at the quilt she put together for you and remember thinking it was such a relief to know you were surrounded by so many who love you and your family dearly. i'm very, very sorry for your sudden and devastating loss, robynn. please know that we think of you guys often.

p.s. hudson sends his love to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Robynn, very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Kelly, our prayers are with you and her family. Hope the break from the chemo provides you some needed relief. Praying, lots, that the tumors stay as they are. Sending many prayers and lots of love!
Dad, Jared and Arianna

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip Robynn with that awesome soccer player, coach and assistant coach!

We are praying for the comfort of Kelly's family.
We are so sorry for the loss of your loving friend.

The Barca's

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys - love the new pictures - looks like a great weekend!

So sorry you are having to attend the funeral of a young friend - it's not fair and as you know we just went through it too, but I know she will be honored to look down from Heaven and see all of you honoring her.

Tumors - stay the same, SHRINK, or better yet, GO AWAY! Will be thinking good thoughts in regards to the chemo break and wishing you guys (as always) bright sunshiney family days!

Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

Sweet, Angelic Robynn, it is ALWAYS so nice to read your words:) Please give Shelley a hug from us & of course Brian, Brady & Hailey! We'll be thinking of you all on Tuesday.

Love,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Dearest Robynn,
I am so sorry to hear about Kelly. Especially because it sounds like she and Shelley had a friendship very much like ours. (Oh great...now I'm bawling...)

We;ve not talked in a week or so. I assumed you've been busy heading to Bakersfield. I think of you daily, and now hourly as I know the chemo has stopped. Stay strong, keep your head up...you will prevail.

Please give Shelley and family huge hugs from the Kuhl/Malone's. We are so sorry you all have had such a hard year. You are amazing people to still be so positive. That family of yours is an inspiration to us.

LOVE YOU ALL,
Kerrie (Sean, Ian, Nate & baby on the way)

Anonymous said...

We're hoping that the funeral was more of a celebration of Kelly's life & the wonderful ways she touched so many peoples lives, and that it didn't take its toll on Shelley & the entire Goodell family!

We are praising & praying with regard to your health & well-being,if you are up to it...post on the blog every now & again, since it is nice to hear from you from time to time!

Love & friendship~
Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

Robynn and Brian,
It was so wonderful to see you both. Thank you so much for making the trip...Kelly would be so very honored...I know we were. You have one heck of a troop of angels up there cheering you on now Robynn....they are pushing for that miracle that you so deserve. My heart is so broken right now as I watch my my parents and brother...my whole family...especially the kids, mine and Kelly's...just all devastated. Shelley...oh Shelley....what a rock. Everyone one has just been so wonderful during this time of despair....We would be lost without all of the love and support everyone has shown for Kelly and all of us. My gosh....she was so very special and will always continue to be so special to all of us. I so hope she can read the blog in Heaven....If she is reading....KELLY, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! WE NEED YOU....AND WE APPRECIATE ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US. I MISS YOU...Oh...HOW I MISS YOU....

Anonymous said...

Oh and Robynn,
Thank you soooooo much for my KELLY necklace....I will hold it so very dear to my heart. And those hugs!!!! Thank you for those hugs!
God Bless you and your whole family.
I love you Robynn and Brian.
B.

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father, please send a downpour of mercy, comfort and healing to this family...especially to Robynn. I add my voice to the ones who ask You (and may it please You) to supernaturally remove the cancer from her body and restore complete health.

Scott said...

Robynn &Brian,

Dear Lord God, Please strenghthen your kids by your Holy Spirit. Help them know there not alone. I ask for your guidance, comfort and peace for Robynn and Brian, Holy Spirit.
I believe your sweet friend Kelly probably knows our Jonah now. I'm really sorry for your pain.

"Face to face with Christ Jesus my Savior,
Face to face, what will it be? When with rapture I behold Him, Jesus Christ who died for me?
Face to face I shall behold Him, Far beyond the starry sky,
Face to face in all His glory
I shall see Him by and by."