Saturday, November 22, 2008

Texas Bound

Brian and Robynn are boarding a plane as I write this. Testing will start Monday and they will fly into Bakersfield on Wednesday and spend Thanksgiving with us.
Robynn was quite the celebrity at Kelly's service. Everyone was so happy to get a chance to talk with her, hug her and for some, meet her for the 1st time. Mr. Brown(Kelly's dad) reads Robynn's blog, but until then had never met Robynn. He was in AWE of her spirit and joyful being. I know it was a sweet reminder of his daughter. I have always thought Kelly and Robynn were kindered spirits and took great delight whenever in their presence.
A couple days after Kelly passed, I fell hard and deep into the pit I've described before. I called Robynn in a panic and unable to stop sobbing. I told her my bracelet had broke that she made me for my birthday that read "sister" and "strength" and that I felt I had no strength and I needed her to bring whatever equipment was necessary to fix it. I also told her I needed something that represented Kelly. Little did I know and in total Robynn fashion...she had already made me a charm with "Kelly" on it with a cross that laid next to it.(Brandy, Mrs. Brown and Raji got one too) She, like Kelly, knew my need before I ever had to ask. I once again, am in AWE and I am so blessed.
Thank you my Sweet Robynn! I love you!

Isaiah 43:2
[God says,] "When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you."

Pray On!
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much love and prayer for you Robynn, Brian, Shelley and family,
Thank you for all of your support during the last few weeks....Our hearts will be forever broken, but in time we have faith that our hearts will dance again, as Kelly would want. I love you Kelly...I miss you :( Please watch over Robynn and Brian on their trip to Texas. Please watch over us all ...and send us HUGS!!! Kelkee, you will forever be in every hug I am blessed with. I love you, I love you, I love you!
B.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Kelly sounds like an amazing beautiful spirit and am sure she is looking down on all who were close to her with a beautiful smile.
(I was hoping you would post this on your blog without this part)
I am sorry to have to ask this at this time, but we are in need of prayer ourselves. We were at my daughters soccer party last night, when my 1 year old baby boy touched the glass which was covering the lit fire place. We rushed him to the emergency room in Davis, which was the longest most painful ride of our lives. They took us in immediatly and started helping him with morphine and numbing cream for his hands. They cleaned and removed all the skin that was hanging and bandaged him up. We went back to his doctors office today, where they cleaned and re-dressed it. We will be going back again on Monday at which time we will see his doctor. She will decide if he needs to be seen at the burn unit at Shriners. They are worried about infection and him loosing any mobility in his hands.
So I ask that you please prey for my little man that he makes a full recovery and that we can keep his pain under control.
Thank you
Blakes mommy. Emma

Anonymous said...

You all remain such inspirations to us all. The openess and loving nature of this blog is incredible. I feel so blessed that it continues to serve as a reminder to be grateful for the small things.