Friday, August 15, 2008

She's Standing Strong!

Dear Friends,
I apologize for the delayed update. My only excuse is that his week has been a bit busy/overwhelming.
Robynn is feeling much better and her Procrit must have kicked in, because she did not require a transfusion while in Bakersfield. We aren't quite sure what was ailing her, but are relieved it has passed.
Services for our Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Joe were yesterday and when they ended, the Goodell's headed back to Sacramento. They are frantically getting packed for Texas and making sure the kids are ready for their 1st day of school. They leave Sunday morning and will start her normal set of testing Monday. Please pray that the chemo continues to work in Robynn's body to rid this cancer once and for all!!!

We thank you again for all your love, support and prayers...
Pray ON!
S

PS. Please pray as "one of our own", Miss Denise and crew travel to Nicaragua for 10 days to help in Our Lords work. What a wonderful way to serve and spread Our Gracious God's word. We are holding you up in our prayers and look forward to the stories of what you witness and accomplis in Christ's honor!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your great loss. I am praying that God will protect Robynn (wondering what the emotional trauma of something like this could do to her body.)

Anonymous said...

With each passing day we are praying for each need of vitaility,strength,peace, & knowledge in all facets of your lives.

Our hearts were with you yesterday as you honored your Aunt & Uncle, and we feel that God will use us (The Goodell Army) as your love & support in your times of trials & challenges.

Take care,
Jill & Bob West

jill summers said...

Hello Robynn and Family

I got to meet your friends yesterday. Isabella will be in my class this year. They said that they had gotten to see you when you were in town and that you looked great. I can't believe the school year is already starting. I am praying that all continues to go well and that Brady and Hailey have a wonderful school year.

Jill Summers

Anonymous said...

Hi Robynn,

Just thinking of you today as you are traveling to Texas. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

I know this trip will be like the rest, nothing but good news!! Can't wait to read the blog that says they have shrunk again!!!

Man, that maple cake has haunted my soul for the last month.

Love you!!

Mandy

Tonya Sandoval said...

Just wanted to wish you well as you make your way to Texas. We are looking forward to good news from your doctors. Hope Brady and Hailey have a wonderful first day of school. Lauren is so excited. She keeps saying, "It will be my first day of first grade."
Love,
Tonya Sandoval & Family

Anonymous said...

Robynn,
You keep encouraging us. Thanks. We feel so blessed by you Robynn. Were praying for you in Texas. Jesus is your buckler and strength giver for the battles! We will see you soon. Love, Scott/Amy/Jonah

Anonymous said...

Hi Robynn :)

I am up WAY too early this AM to "practicing" getting the kids up for school and let me tell ya - it STINKS! (ha-ha!) I figured it would be better to do for a few days then to throw their little bods into complete shock! :)

I will be thinking of you and Brian all day today! Hoping the tests go as quickly as possible (or at least that they SEEM to go fast!) and hoping that you and Brian get to have one of those nice dinners for two :)

Love, Kim

Architecture Addict said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! We were so worried! We will be thinking about you next week while you are in Texas.

Love-Molly & Scott Coker

Anonymous said...

Robynn -

I was so happy that I got to spend time with you last week. The boys had a ball with Brady & Hailey. Hope the kids had a great first day of school and I know there will be good news in Texas.

Praying for you always,
Hugs,
Gina & the Boys

Anonymous said...

Hey Braden and Haily - Hope your first days of school are fun!
Your school is pretty cool you know!

tb

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Robynn! I know you will get through this! Stand strong, Robynn! I know you have it in you!!!

Love, hugs, and prayers!
Kristy