Friday, March 6, 2009

Brian came down yesterday after we informed him Uncle Sonny had a new infection in his lungs and had to be put in isolation. We now are coming to terms with the news that he will not be coming out of this. Keeping him on this earth would require a trach and indefinite care in a convalescent home. We can't do that to him, because we know he would never want to live like that. We don't know when the decision will be made to stop life support, but it will be soon.
His grandson Brody's baptism is scheduled for tomorrow and knowing how important that was to her Dad, Monica is making sure it still takes place. This is so bittersweet. I am trying to understand why my Uncle was put through all the misery of his stem cell transplant in December which ultimately put him in remission as of 3 weeks ago. If this was how it was to end, what was it all for?
I am sad, angry, frustrated, confused and don't know how much more "testing" my faith can take. Please pray especially for for his wife Maryanne, Daughter Monica, son Bradley, and my dad. This loss for my Dad wipes out his entire immediate family. He now stands without his parents, his brothers, his sister and his precious Aunts. We are all he has left, and that must be so hard for him.

Please just pray for us.

S

Isaiah 44:22

"I have swept away your sins like the morning mists. I have scattered your offenses like the clouds. Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will all keep praying for you all in this time of need. I know that it can be hard and frustrating but it is oh so impartant in these times that we lean on god for compassion and strength. There is a great book out there that I have used through the years "Where is God When it Hurts" By Philip Yancey. I highly recomend it it deals wth both physical and emotional pain. Please STAY STRONG and know that you are not alone.

GOD BLESS

Anonymous said...

We are praying for all of you. I'm a silver lining girl...so I will stand firm in my belief that Uncle Sonny is blessed to have sweet Robynn waiting for him! I will take comfort in knowing that while it may not seem like it here on earth...our loved ones are looking down, content with where they are and who they are with, willing us to continue on without them.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and your family. Sending lots fo love.
Love,
Barley and Corey

Anonymous said...

STAND STRONG AND KEEP YOUR EYES UPWARDS.
I was so grateful to for Isaiah 44:22.Know that U.Sonny can be assured of his place in heaven-as stated.
My heart and prayers are with you all and please send my love to all the family and his dear wife.Your Dad is not alone for he has such wonderful children and the example you live will give him strength,Brian and Shelley I am sorry for your pain and know that Robynn and all his loved ones will be there for him-I am sooo sorry for the hole he will leave here on earth.
Praying in deep hope and love,
Solider Miss Denise(with tears but will continue standing in the gap to hold you up)
God Bless and keep you all

Anonymous said...

I share the bewilderment that you express ib your Blog posting.

Having said that, your family has become such a huge part of our daily thoughts and prayers, that maybe out of all this struggle,strife and pain you and your family has endured has taught us all how to reach out and pray for one another, and to feel in our soul(s) the loving and supportive thoughts that make humanity the best parts of ourselves.

We can only say that we are so sorry for the trials that you and your family are going through and that if our prayers reach you we hope that you will feel the peace,understanding and caring that is being sent all of your way.

In loving friendship~
Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

I continue to think and pray for you and your whole family. I know how hard it must be, but know how all of you have changed people's lives including mine. In fact as I email this message, I am in the apheresis chair at my local blood bank giving a blood donation and double platelet donation. I have Robynn and your family to thank for that. Just a little bit of time spent on others can help so much. Keep standing strong!

Darcy

Mimi said...

We're still praying for your Uncle Sonny (Julian), Shelley and Brian, and for your entire family. We know that your family has been there giving him comfort and your amazing love. It's what we all want in the end. We also know that Robynn and Dennis are watching over him. We will pray on!