Friday, March 27, 2009

This week has been a roller coaster of sadness and JOY! Robynn's birthday is so bittersweet for so many. What I am left with, is a gratitude for even knowing her. A thankfulness that she loved me so much and always let me know it. The love she showed for us and even strangers was a love some never find in a lifetime. And here goes "Our Girl" blessing so many with it. Thank you Mimi for creating a beauty beyond beauties inside and out. Thank you Enni for sharing your sister"Ruby"and thank you Brian, Brady and Hailey for not keeping her to yourselves and allowing her to touch so many lives so deeply with that incredible spirit, contagious laugh, unforgettable hugs and a smile as bright as the sky.
My life is so much better because of her, all of our lives are!

Missy sent this to me and it was tough to listen to, but I think it is Robynn telling us how Great HIS Kingdom is and reminding us that she is preparing a place for us. How exciting!
http://www.cmt.com/videos/alan-jackson/355885/sissys-song.jhtml?id=505846
Get your tissues out before you press play.....


Pray On!
S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious song... 'cept Alan should have called in Robynn's Song :)

Anonymous said...

I hope one day I am lucky enough to
have a friend who can say such wonderful things about me. I was recently searching for a song to use in a slideshow I am making to document my student year. I came acrossa song called "find you wings" by Mark Harris, and honestly thought immediately about Robynn and felt it was very much everything she wanted for all of her loved ones. Some parents won't teach in a lifetime what Robynn showed all of you (us) in her short time here. How lucky are we?

MandyMarie12 said...

Somebody else (maybe Missy?) posted this song back in December and I have listened to and thought of Robynn ever since. Thank you for sharing it today!

Sheila said...

I know I can't imagine, or even describe what I can't imagine, but what all of you, especially Brian, are LIVING with. A friend (with three children) who lost his wife in a brutal attack described it as living with a bear trap locked on his chest...it hurt to breathe. When I looked at Brian and Robynn's wedding photo with the caption that the story isn't finished yet, my reaction today was "Praise God! It's TRUE!" If our main purpose in life is to bring glory (and others) to God, then all of you amazing Goodells, because of Robynn, are being so faithful and gracious to do that even in your extreme pain and suffering. The "story" of this family will NEVER end, and some of us will be blessed to know the whole story when we meet in heaven. I'm praying for the Lord's mercy when it hurts so much that it takes your breath away and for endless grace that you freely share (even in your pain) with everyone who is drawn to all of you because of your faith. God BLESS you all! Shelley, forgive me if I shouldn't ask, but is Brian eating OK now?

Anonymous said...

As March draws to a close, I hope that friends & family are near and that you can share wonderful memories,laughs & tears as you think of all the special times spent with Robynn & Kelly.

In friendship~
Jill West