Saturday, March 21, 2009

What a Day!

I definitely have to say today was one of the best days I have had in a long time.
It started with Opening Day for West Sac Little League. With opening day comes a full day at the Ballpark. Pictures were at 8am and I must say they just don't come any cuter than Brady, Hailey and their teammates! (I'll post pics so you can see what I mean) Then it was on to the team floats and an hour long Parade through West Sac with little leaguers smiling, waving, and throwing candy. Next came the moments that had numerous eyes in the crowd a little watery. Mary Dotson (who I cannot thank enough) did a Tribute to Robynn that was so touching and heartfelt. They honored Robynn by dedicating this years little league season in her honor and placed a rememberance plaque in the snackbar for her. Then to cap it all off, as Mary threw out the First Pitch to kick off the 2009 Season, Brady & Hailey released Brown balloons into the air for I bet you can guess who! Finally came the games, both Brady & Hailey and their teams did very well and are sure to have outstanding seasons!

Then when I thought my day couldn't be any more fulfilled, I realized I was wrong. As we were leaving the Ballpark Robynn's mom asked if Brady could stay the night with her. I without hesitation said of course, knowing that this meant I would get my first date since Robynn left us. I got to go out with my Little Princess Miss Hailey Rae. What a wonderful night we had! Dinner at Red Robin (Hailey had never been but loves the commercial & name), then it was off to Big Spoon Frozen Yogurt, and finally home to snuggle in bed and watch Hannah Montana until way past her bedtime!

I wish you all could have been with us today and am very grateful for all of you who were able to be. I continue to be amazed by the number of lives that Robynn has touched and also by the number of people who have touched me and my families lives. I am truly humbled by the love and support that has been displayed by so many friends, aquaintances, and perfect strangers!

God Bless you all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian ~ It was a wonderful day although we were all cold! I was so happy that we made it through Robynn's tribute with no rain (yahoo!). I thought what Mary did was very touching and wonderful although we all teared up wishing it didn't have to be done in the first place. I can only imagine how thankful and touched Robynn would have been by all of it! And the brown balloons? Yeah - perfect!

I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow as you remember Robynn on her birthday and am smiling at the details of your date with your precious daughter! Those are the best!

:) Kim Funk and Family

Anonymous said...

Hello Shelley!
What a neat post to read!
It felt so good hearing about a wonderful day, so enjoyed! You are deserving of some bright stories and some happiness coming your way! Believe it or not, we were all with you in spirit! It was so exciting to hear of all the details! I am sure that Hailey was sooo very excited to be able to have special time with Auntie, what a wonderul surprise to you both!
Thoughts and prayers continuing your way! Safe Travels!
m.

Anonymous said...

My dearest Brian,shelly,Brady,Hailey and all of your dear family,
I will be thinking of you all tomarrow on Robynn's birthday-I will never forget how she loved her last year's birthday card that I made her with all pre-school memories and how we laughed at all the good times we shared.
I wish that I would have been there at Robynn's tribute but I did not know it was going to happen.
I will be standing STRONG IN PRAYER TOMARROW
I am praying in hope and special love.
I love you all,
Solider Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

It's the litle things that count! It makes my heart swell knowing that you and the kids continue to be surrounded by memories and tributes of Robynn. I hope it makes you feel a little less alone as you relize that we all still grieve (and cheer) right along with you. We still take time to pray for you all every day! I know that there will be hard days ahead, but there will also be many days just like yesterday!!

Anonymous said...

I too must say it was truly a very touching moment, I am truly glad and very grateful for having been involved in something so very special, for someone who was so very special to many and who touch so many lives, including myself.

De'Onna Jack

MandyMarie12 said...

Wow! What a wonderful day filled with love. I wish I could have seen those brown balloons floating up to heaven.

I remember those special "date nights" with my dad when I was a little girl. Those are some of the best dates a gal ever goes on! Although, my dad would have never been kind enough to end the day with Hannah Montana, lol. You are the BEST Brian, but then, we already knew that. You are an inspiration~

Mandy

Mary Dodson said...

Brian-
It was my honor to celebrate Robynn and dedicate the season to her at West Sac Little League's Opening Ceremonies. I know many of you will be looking for Robynn's dedication plaque in the snack bar. I am working on getting it some much needed protection from the snack bar elements. I'm sorry I didn't think of the protection sooner, but I promise it will be up later this week so please stop by to see it.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Robynn's friends, Donny and Aimee Schlie and Dana Sloan, for helping me with the dedication. And of course, you Brian, for allowing us to honor your sweet Robynn. It was a very special day; one I will never forget, and it brings big smiles to hear it was a good day for you and the kids.
As you continue to celebrate Robynn's beautiful life today on her birthday, may you feel her amazing spirit, as we all did on Opening Day.

God Bless You Always,
Mary D.

Anonymous said...

Oh Brian,
What a beautiful picture you painted for us. Robynn must just be smiling down on her most amazing family. We are sending big hugs your way. Sweet dreams Brian...I wish you the sweetest dreams.
Much love,
Brandy