Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just Some Highlights

So much went on this week and I didn't get to share some of our special moments....
*13 of us gathered(Uncle Brian, Brady, Hailey included) to watch Tanner at his choir performance, As always, he was a STAR! If there was any doubt in your mind, I'm here to tell you he made Show Choir for next year;)

* Hailey and I went shopping, stopped by the "perfume counter" and Miss Pea had to spray every fragrance known to Sephora and Macy's on a little card and tucked each and everyone into her jean pockets. If that weren't enough, she then had to cover both our bodies with a squirt of each one as well. I turned to her and said "Hailey, no more! We smell like a Brothel". Bewildered she asked, "what's that?" as the woman behind the counter chuckled,I replied, "I'll tell you when you're older". Tanner just looked over my shoulder while I'm typing and asked "what's a brothel" Praise the Lord!!!!

*Brady and Callahan both did the Readings at Uncle Sonny's service, which was a proud moment for us all. I felt Robynn beaming with pride over her son and her niece.

*Madison's confirmation/Matt's b-day was a wonderful way to end our time together. Brady wrote to his mom on a post-it note and sent it to heaven with a balloon from Madi's celebration.

*"Running with Robynn" was a HUGE success! Since we couldn't physically be there,
the 6 of us wore our shirts in Bakersfield and "ran"around town and then played "Loaded Questions" outside at a round table in the middle of Tim's yard because it was such a perfect day. The sky was as blue as Robynn's eyes and the clouds reached as wide as her smile. The birds were singing and we took in a wonderful afternoon of FFF (forced family fun;) Robynn would have loved every second.

Congrats to Father, I mean Monsignor Craig, who made it "official" today. We are so proud to have you at our helm. May God continue to Bless you and your wonderous works in HIS name.

Pray On!

S
PS It gets even better....Cal just was proofreading for me and asked "what's a brothel?" lol



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what IS a brothel??? :)
Thinking of you all.
B.

Anonymous said...

Shelley I haven't written since Robynn died. My computer was on the blink for the longest time. Have you tried to get a computer repaired???

What I wanted to say is that I have told every one of my friends of your wonderful family, your courage, and your outstanding faith. You all truly bless us. I still can't talk about wonderful Robynn without crying. And I wonder so much how Brian and the kids are doing and all your family. So keep writing, Shelley. You give us all strength.

Bless all of you.........

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to read that there was some forced-family-fun. You know the old saying, "fake it until you make it", going through the steps of having fun as you know can transform into fun and your adventures at the perfume counter illustrated that very well.

I am giving Internet pat's on the backs to Tanner,Callahan, & Brady for their deeds over the last few days.

Lastly, I don't know if you want to 'go there' but you can add to their confusion by advising a brothel is a house of ill-repute...er..um..uh..better yet...some things are better left unsaid.

Have a blessed week ahead,
Jill West

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the years when the kids were young, three and six-ish, listening to Carman singing (From the song "We Need God in America Again") "If we want kids to start living right, we need to stop handing out condoms and start handing out the word of God in schools." I knew it was only a matter of time... I explained that it was sort of like smoking cigarettes with filters (none of us smoke, but they had learned about the dangers of smoking.) The real answer would be given at a more opportune time than as we were getting out of the car to get haircuts.

Oh how you Goodells inspire life...joy-filled, abundant LIFE! May the good Lord BLESS you til you feel like you'll burst.

BTW, wondering if Brian is eating...

Blessings from Jonah's camp!