Monday, March 16, 2009

Green Beer is Almost Here....

We are getting geared up for one of "Our Girls" most favored holiday... St . Patrick's Day.
I know her Irish Eyes will be smiling down on us!
I started a tradition when Cal and T were little to go to See's candy and get gold coins, green foiled shamrocks and leprechauns all made of chocolate...of course;) and sprinkle them from their beds, down the hallway and to a door that would lead outside. They were always very close to catching those tricky little guys,but never have they been fast enough to make them hand over their pot of gold. Since being back in Bako, I would always buy enough for Kelly and Raji's boys. I gave Raji her stash the other day and went to drop off Kelly's today. Boy oh boy, was that tough. It still seems unreal to be without her. To make matters worse, I thought I had forgotten to give Brian, Brady and Haileys treats and I was about to lose it. I called him to tell him how sorry I was. I had made a promise to Robynn last year that I would always make sure this tradition was kept up for her kids if she ever was called to leave us and I had failed the very 1st time. What a LOSER!! He calmly said, "Shelley you put it in my closet at Mom and Dads, I got it". I started crying in sadness to be without her and joy because I had not failed her.
I really do feel that I am losing my mind at times. "Army Goodell" must be hard at work to keep me sane...thank you! It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it;)))))))

Please pray extra diligently, as the next couple weeks are bound to be treacherous. Robynn and Kelly's bday are approaching(March 23 and 31st) and it is already so hard to be without them.

I love you all!
Pray On!
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelley, with as much as you have had to contend with, in addition to the normal everyday must do's...don't be too hard on yourself.

We all suffer from brain-fade when we have too many things to juggle.

Robynn shares the same birthdate as my cousin and I thought of that yesterday.

Most certainly, I will continue to pray as you face these milestones in remembrance of Robynn & Kelly.

I haven't stopped praying yet, let's hope prayers are like going to the gym...the more you do the stronger they get!!!

In friendship~
Jill West

MandyMarie12 said...

This one brought tears to my eyes. You are such a good sister. Plus, I just love that your family continues to be the sweetest I know- what great traditions you share!