Wednesday, April 15, 2009

$980 Raised for Relay!

I am $20 away from my $1000 goal. Woo Hoo! Yippee! Hip Hip Hooray! I'll even throw in some cart wheels (in private,of course;)
My new goal is $1500. Take that cancer!!!!!!

There's still time to help! Luminaries are a great way to pay tribute to someone you've lost to cancer(in memory of) or someone who is still battling(in honor of). They are only $10 and they will light up our track Saturday night with your loved ones name on them. It really is an amazing sight and I would encourage everyone to join us at that time or anytime during the event.
To order your luminaries click on the link below and put my name as "tributee"
so the "Too Much Fun Club" gets credit.

https://secure3.convio.net/tacs/site/Ecommerce?PROXY_ID=10465836&PROXY_TYPE=20&FR_ID=13826&VIEW_PRODUCT=true&product_id=3084&store_id=11701

DO WORK Army Goodell!
Pray On!
S

Please pray for the family of Daren Yurosek(35) Please read his obit as it is MOST inspiring...
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bakersfield/obituary.aspx?n=daren-trevor-yurosek&pid=126229181

4 comments:

Tracy Randall said...

We will be there and we will look for the "Too Much Fun Club". Unfortunatley we have way to many in memory of luminaries to buy this year. But we still have one in honor of and this is a way to help the in honor of and to push toward not adding to the in memory of luminaries.
Thank you for the other post it was inspiring and just prior to our Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Fundreaiser this Saturday.

We usually do a golf tounament each year for the Saint Nick Project (in honor of a friend and co-workers son that past away at 14 from a brain tumor)But this year would have been his 21st birthday so we have a whole day of family fun planned for Saturday.

Please pray for Pete and Hiedi Modeste on this day as I am sure it will be the hardest fundraiser, emotionally, that we have done thus far. And keep up the work Army Goodell you do make a difference every day.

By the way how is Brian holding up after the surgery?

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Shelley:

My "check is in the mail" as I just returned back from vacation. Emma and I lit a candle in Barcelona for Robynn. We both teared up and said a prayer to her (and my grandpa) and knew that she would've just loved it, especially watching a 5 year old say a prayer to her mom's cousin in the midst of a Good Friday service in Spain! I still get teary eyed thinking about it and having the emotions come back.

Thank you for keeping us updated on all of you. It helps to stay connected and know how everyone is, even with it still being so emotional to even think about.

We send love to all of you!

Michelle Hansen

Anonymous said...

I have a luminary in Robynn's name purchased already...had I known earlier I would have purchased them from you. A.C.S. is such a great organization they get the majority of our donations.

I hope you reach your goal because it brings research etc. one step closer to a cure.

In friendship~
Jill West

Anonymous said...

Hi All :)

Looking forward to hearing all about it... well, reading all about it next week!

Thank you for sharing the obituary of your young friend. My heart goes out to his family - but what a fighter! Very inspirational... so appropriate to post on our inspirational fighter girl's blog!
:) Kim