Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The boys had a great time watching the Angels' beat the A's on opening day in LA. The girls baked/decorated Easter cookies and cakes and dined at PF Chang's(Hailey's Fav). I boiled 2 dozen eggs this morning the the kids are putting the final touches on some gorgeous looking Easter eggs. They are doing tye dye, HSM3,marble and basic colored eggs.
I know that jumping in the pool will come as soon as they are done.
Tonight the men are going to BBB(Bibles-BBQ & Beer) and I'm not sure what we will do.

On another note. I have become extremely upset with the 25 lbs I have gained this past year and am determined to shed every last ounce with Robynn's divine intervention! I know I couldn't do it without her. She had a way that could inspire anyone and I am relying on the many memories and can hear her pep talks word for word. Today I decided to grab Mousse (Robynn's dog) and go for a walk. With Taylor Swift playing full blast on my Ipod we headed out! It was a gorgeous day and I just knew Robynn would delight in all the flowers in bloom and the soft wind that blew the wonderful smells of spring around. We were at the tail end of our walk and we passed Brian and Robynn's old house. I felt my chest tighten and tears welled up as I so wanted to go back in time. She loved that house and I loved all the memories shared there. The song that played as I passed...Love Story. How perfectly fitting was that? Robynn's Love Story did not begin and end with Brian. She seemed to inspire a Love Story with friends and family alike. Her love for me has changed me and I will never be the same.

Thank you my sweet girl! How I miss our walks, talks, laughs, jokes, sing-a-longs, holidays, celebrations and precious girl time! LOVE YOU!!!!!

Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.


Pray On!
S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing and bringing us in the moment.

Darcy

Anonymous said...

Awwwh, it seems with the sweetest memories we also are met with tears.

I am glad that 'Robynn' was with you in spirit today as you took your walk. I believe that love is eternal and that the love you feel for her is also part of the sense of feeling Robynn with you at certain times, it is that undying love that is just part of our very souls.

---Oh, and I am rooting for you with the 25 lbs., us gals can relate!

Hugs & friendship~
Jill West

MandyMarie12 said...

I am going to go download Love Story right now!! :)

kelly K said...

the double edge sword... on one hand. our memories carries us through our grief... but so many times they are the cause of our grief as well. It won't always be like that...one day you'll pass by the house and smile because it reminds you of so many happy things without bringing back that stab of pain we are working so hard to avoid...
Better times are ahead Shelley...happy memories of Robynn without quite so much pain:) I do believe this...