Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Relay for Life...WE DID IT!!!!!!!!

This morning after Missy's donation, I was $10 away from my $1500 goal. Aunt Robynn's special girl, Callahan Christine, gave me $10 of her own money to achieve my goal. I can just see Our Girl's smile, as bright as can be right now and Kelly jumpin up & down in the background!
Thank you all who helped me reach this goal. I honestly believe we will find a cure for all types of cancer and Robynn and the rest of our loved ones did not die in vain. They were meant to inspire us to be better, do better and help others. It is our job to learn from their teachings.

Friday I went to the homeless shelter with my mom and we put together countless hygiene kits that get handed out on Mondays. It was 3 hours of sorting, packing and unpacking and the feeling it gave me is indescribable. The reward to me was endless. It was the best day I had had in such a long time. I made a list of some things that we were running short on and ran to the dollar store yesterday to get what was needed. It wasn't much, but it means so much to these sweet souls that are down on their luck and just require the simplest of things. Sometimes, just a smile or a prayer. Please keep them in your prayers and if you'd like to help donate items that we will need, I'll put you to work;)

John 10:4
"When [Jesus] has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice."

Pray On!
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your big win!!! I don't think "your girls" are the only ones smiling down on you from Heaven.. everyone who lost their battle is!!

Smile and enjoy these moments!
(not that you're not already!)

:) Kim

Unknown said...

You do not need to post this Shelley. Just wanted you to know I put a check in the mail this morning. Sorry for the delay; but, wanted you to know you'll beat your goal! :)

Love and prayers,

Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I ditto what Kim said!!! Bless your heart for all that you do and all that you are!

Hugs,
Jill West