Thursday, April 9, 2009

Relaying for Robynn,Kelly & Uncle Sonny

Relay for Life in Bakersfield is just around the corner(May 2nd)
Our Team is called "The Too Much Fun Club"
Kelly got me involved in Relay 6 years ago when I moved back to Bakersfield. At that point in time, I had never been directly affected by cancer. Last year and this year have a whole new meaning since witnessing 1st hand, Robynns battle as well as my uncles.
I am asking that you join our quest to find a cure for cancer and make a donation in
Robynn, Kelly and Uncle Sonny's honor.
You may send checks made out to American Cancer Society to my home address;

Shelley Goodell
3101 Whisper Oak Way
Bakersfield, CA
93311

Any amount makes a difference!!!! Come on Army Goodell...Do Work!

Romans 12:13
When God's children are in need, be the one to help them out. And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner or, if they need lodging, for the night.


Pray On!
S

5 comments:

Tracy Randall said...

Shelley what is your team name we will be there for the event. Keep up the good work fighting the good fight. Robynn, Kelly and Uncle Sonny would be proud. Thanks for every update.

Anonymous said...

Love you Shelley!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Good for you Shelley! I donated a month ago via sponsoring my good friend Gina in Robynn's honor :) So we're on the same page girl! :) Kick some booty and raise some funds!

:) Kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Goodell's and Army Goodell,
I want to let you know that I wish you a very blessed Easter.
May your day be as special as you all are.
The first Easter without Robynn,Kelly and U.Sonny will be hard(as it is my 1st without my dear Aunt Lilly)
I am thinking of you all and for Jonah's camp I pray for an extra measure of comfort and love for you all-it saddens me so because Easter is such my FAVORITE time and for the kids(big and small)the egg hunts.
I am praying in hope and in love for you all.
I love y ou,
Solider Miss Denise p.s. my grand daughter Alexa is almost 8 weeks without episode and I had her Easter pixs done and thought about how lucky we are--and how lucky we are for your prayers.....
God Bless You All

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you all also at this special time of year when we celebrate our Lord's resurrection and new life for us all because of what He did. Thank you Miss Denise for your prayers for Jonah's family and "camp".. we so appreciate them always! We had all our kids and grandkids for Easter and went to church together and had the traditional egg hunt. We will be remembering Jonah's 1 year birthday on May 14th and will all be together in San Diego for our daughter's graduation from Pt. Loma College. It will be bittersweet as we remember 1 year ago when God gave us little Jonah for a time. Thank you Army Goodell for all your prayers and thank you Goodell family for sharing your faith and hope in God with all of us. You are in our prayers. With Love, The Goodman family (Jonah's Nana)