Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miss Denise needs our Help!

Her words were perfect, so I pass them on to you Army Goodell...

My dear Shelley,
Here we go again and again. I could not find the words to write on the blog. My heart is hurting so deeply. My dear friend JULIE MARTIN has been diagnosed with cancer of the bile ducts leading to and in her liver. It is inoperable and without any treatment there are no cases that have lived up to six months. She is less that 90 lbs. and has to eat and bulk up to be a candidate for treatment of any kind. She is 47 yrs. old and a TREMENDOUS Christian and her wish is that her life is a testimony for our Lord and her faith(sounds so like Robynn) She prayed for Robynn and you all through her journey. We go to church together and have sang in the choir for close to 20 yrs and my life is never going to be the same without her next to me singing. We sang duets and small groups, praising our Lord and we were on our special Missions Trip this past year to Nicaragua. Oh Shelley, my heart is crumbling again. I had the privilege of staying with her and was able to tell her everything that she means to me and what she has taught me. It is so much like Robynn and I feel so helpless except that she is the lucky one and gets to meet Jesus.....as we still strive to do his work here on earth.
Also, my dear friend Linda Baker will be starting chemo for Breast cancer(she was hoping to just have to do radiation after her lumpectomy)
I love you sooo much and I know that I can always come to you and our Army Goodell.
Praying in hope and in love, with such a heavy heart...
Solider Miss Denise

You know what to do! Get ON It!
Pray On!
S

5 comments:

MandyMarie12 said...

Miss Denise,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this impossibly tough struggle again. Our Army is behind you as you gear up! Thinking of you...

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Miss Denise ~ you know how much we love you ~ any friend of yours is lucky to have you, and I'm sure she's very special (well "they" I guess would be the appropriate word!) We will pray for BOTH of your dear ladies and may Julie find the way like Robynn did IF we can't get a miracle to work for her!

Love ~ Kim and the Funk family :)

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with your friends, Miss Denise. I am so sorry to hear of their suffering. I pray for God to give them the strength they need to get through whatever it is that He has planned for them.
God Bless,
Brandy

Anonymous said...

My dearest Army Goodell and Shelley and Brian and family,
I come to you with such a broken heart tonight.When I had e-mailed Shelley about Julie and Linda I had no idea that I have to come to you on begging knees.
I need your prayers for my husband Wayne and all of us.This afternoon we could not get an answer on the phone from his mom Joyce and he went to her house and could not get an answer so he went next door to his brothers and they went into mom's house and she had passed away.
We did not expect it even though she battle congestive heart failure.
WE ARE ALL SO DEVASTED AND THE SHOCK IS UNBELIEVABLE.PLEASE PRAY FOR US ALL(WHICH I AM SOOO GRATEFUL FOR YOU ALL-THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE)
I will forever remember her telling me that I was her best friend and now our Lord has my best friend and my mom(she always took over for me when I lost my mom almost 21 yrs, ago)
Joyce Duncan is her name and my hubbie of almost 27 yrs. is Wayne
Thank you from the bottom of my heart,Sadly with broken heart
Solider Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

Miss Denise...

I am profoundly sorry about the number of shocking losses & trials that you are facing.

Please know that our prayers are with you in full force and that we lift you up in this storm of grief that you are experiencing.

In prayerful friendship~
Jill West