Friday, May 22, 2009

Cal's Last Day of HS

This is a bittersweet day for both of us. When I hugged her and tried to convey my sadness she quickly separated from me, because she didn't want to be crying before she even got to school. Sorry...my bad. She graduates next Wednesday and Uncle Brian will be there of course. I'm sure that's where "mom" will have her total breakdown. I am grateful that she wants to continue to live at home and get her general ed courses out of the way and then go to nursing school. This past year has had an extreme affect on our family and Cal wanting to become a Nurse is one of the positive outcomes. There will be more blessings, I have no doubts:)

Love to all!
Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Pray On!
S

Us girls are off to LA to see Taylor Swift. Pray for safe travels please.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you Cal & congratuations upon your graduation. I can't imagine that you could have chosen a better career, to be able to help people in their time of need. Bless you & all your family..

Anonymous said...

Awesome choice Cal! Hope all of you "girls" had a GREAT time seeing TS!

:) Kim F

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Cal we are super proud of you. We wish we could see you all.
The Harkers, specialy Baby
Will

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly K
I am here praying for your friend Karen and I am so sorry for her.Please let her know that this wonderful Army will help her stand strong.My love and prayers are with you as well-just keep your eyes upwards.

As for you Cal-CONGRATULATIONS-may God Bless You in your next step of life-my 21 yr. old Sarah is a nursing major with a Spanish minor-it is awesome that you will beable to help others with a deep understanding and compassion
TAYLOR SWIFT-how was the concert?She opened for Rascal Flats in Tahoe(2summers ago) and my Sarah and I were in awe then
I love you all and praying in hope and love
Solide Miss Denise

My friend Julie Marting will start chemo on Wed. to help manage her pain and my other friend Linda Baker has had her 2nd round of chemo-pray for her strength so she does not have to use all of her sick/vacation days up-she still has 2 more rounds
thank you my best Army friends

HOW IS LARRY DOING?

Unknown said...

Kelly K ~

I echo what Shelley wrote. While it makes me so sad to hear the news of your friend, I can not help but to be in awe of our God right now. I have always been a believer that all things happen for a reason. God brought you to this blog oh so long ago; in preparation for all that you are facing now. You have been inspired and have inspired others here. Now, you are to continue on knowing that our God truly cares for you and those around you. Keep your faith. Blessings to you. You and your loved ones will be in our prayers.