Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Prayer Request

This came from Kelly K.
Writing today to ask you to include the young mom of one of my students in your prayers. Lori I. is Hayden's mom. She is battling stage IV Melanoma. She is at MD Anderson this week hoping for a second, more hopeful, opinion. Hayden's mom is young (24) and single, but blessed with wonderful parents who have been able to provide support and stability for this 7 year old boy. I am hopeful that Army Goodell will open their hearts and pray for Lori and her family... that she may receive good news, and that she may be given the opportunity to continue mothering this wonderful first grade boy!

Pray On!
S

5 comments:

Davenport Family Adventures said...

Shelly, I am a lurker who is acquainted w/ a couple ladies who knew Robynn... I have read this blog and prayed along w/ all of you. I just saw this post, and felt compelled to email. My father battled melanoma successfully 5 years ago, and was treated with very progressive means at UCSF. He later became involved with a foundation benefiting the work of UCSF. If this young woman or her parents would like any information regarding melanoma treatment at UCSF, I know my father would be honored to speak with them. I can be contacted at 916-771-5773.

Anonymous said...

Consider it done!!!

Hugs-n-prayers~
Jill West

Anonymous said...

You have our support without question! Sounds like she is definitely at the right place!!!

Kim

Anonymous said...

MANY thanks to "lurker" who was willing to leave her contact info... I will certainly pass along your offer when they return from Houston. I would love to share your name with them...please feel free to email me at kellyk1991@live.com. Thank you Shelley...once again you act as a liason people people and prayer...something I know Robynn would be very proud of.

Anonymous said...

Miss Denise reporting for prayer duty.God bless you Shelley for giving us chance to PRAY
Lori and Hayden and folks-God Bless and Keep you all and keep your eyes upwards.
Praying in hope and love,
Solide Miss Denise