Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brian and the kids are here! Hip Hip Hooray! When they arrived feasted on Bradys "secret recipe talapia", pasta, salad and bread. When dinner was done, Brian ran to the hospital to be with Uncle Sonny.
Uncle Sonny has requested a "spa day" with his "Shelley Pooh-Pooh"(childhood nickname he gave me and I have no idea why;) To be more accurate, his finger and toenails are pretty gnarly, so Monica asked if he wanted me to come get them cleaned up and he nodded. So that is my mission today. He is more aware and responsive so we will see how today progresses.
One fabulous thing, is that none of us have to worry about dinner for our small army tonight. Robynn's dear friend, Tonya Sandoval offered to feed all of us and we gladly accepted. It's so nice to focus on Uncle Sonny, Brian and the kids and not what we are having for dinner.
Thanks Tonya!!!

Pray On!
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brian,Shelley and all the family,
I have been without a working computer and I wanted to check in with all of you.
I am thinking soo much about you and Uncle Sonny-how lucky he is for a Shelley spa day.
Brian - glad
you are there and such a comfort and rock.I am sorry that you have to go thru this so soon-but I know that God does not give us more than we can handle-prepares us for what lies ahead.
tell Uncle Sonny and your folks that I am praying in hope and in love for you all.

An up-date on Alexa.She has not had another episode since last Monday-a week and a half ago.She is happy and a acting like a normal 5 month old-teething some.
I just got a brand new PINK digital camera for my birthday from my family and let me tell you I am eagerly looking foreward to taking pixs ofAlexa(like a good grandma-he he)
I love you all,
solider Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

Tonya is a sweetie! It is this types of gestures that really make you grateful for peoples thoughtfulness.

Sunday blessing's for family Goodell...hope Uncle Sonny enjoy's his 'spa day'!

In friendship~
Jill West

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I consider you one of the kindest, most compassionate people on this Earth. You have so much love in your heart to give and offer comfort to all who so desperately need it. Whether it be tending to Uncle Sonny's mani/pedi spa day, entertaining Brady and Hailey during their visits, serving food at the homeless shelter, or inspiring an entire Army, you do it with grace, humor, and a pure heart. As you know, when a parent has a child, they want them to play nicely with their siblings (DONE!), grow up to have a family to love (DONE! DONE!), and make a difference in this world (DONE! DONE! DONE!). "I can only imagine" how proud your parents must be, Shelley! Thank you for being such truly good person. I think about Robynn's family often and pray that they are finding a bit more strength each day. Thanks for the updates!