Friday, February 20, 2009

A Couple Updates, Updated;)

I have not heard back about Wally.
*Alexa is home, but with no answers
Uncle Sonny is doing better, but a little wobbly. He has lost a lot of weight, so they are hoping Physical Therapy will help give him strength.
Tanners labs came back normal
Barley is back on her chemo and has a new man in her life(hope it was ok to share that;) She was glad there are men who like bald women...Woo Hoo!
*Larry was finally approved for cyber knife surgery on Thursday February 26th. They will place the last of the gold on the liver and then will start the main procedure the following week. They are anticipating that they will cause a pneumothorax when they move the lung but they have assured him that they are ready to deal with this. It has been a tough week for Tracy and his family. They were informed late on valentines day that his uncle whom had battled lung cancer and thought to be doing alot better past away, he was a simple man and will be greatly missed. Tracy's wife also learned that her cousin who has pancreatic cancer is not doing so well and not responding to his chemo please keep Jay in your prayers as well.


I know we all have private requests that sit in our hearts. Pray for each other and ask that Our Gracious God lift those burdens.

Ephesians 3:20
Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Pray On!
S

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The yuckies must be stretching far...we are battling our own here at home. I fondly thought of you all today when one of my students commented on my Hayjac necklace. It's like wearing a small peice of your story close to my heart. My sweet 7 year old has aked if she can wear it to sing in her talent show. I think I may need to get her one of her own. It is amazing the way that Robynn's story is still being told.

Brian, I was up the other night unable to sleep and I thought of you. I know sleep can be hard during the grieving process. You all remain forefront in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Shelley!

Thank you so much for doing the updates, it is always kind of nice to see how prayer works in people's lives.

Have a lovely weekend...
In friendship,
Jill West

Anonymous said...

Shelley and rest of Army Goodell,
My prayers are with you all that God guide you through your days as only he truly knows what we all need and can handle. Shelley, I hope you start feeling better :) Would you ever eat anything I cooked?? :) It might not taste good, but it would be sanitary :) Love you! Thank you for keeping th blog going :) YOu sure know how to reach a lot of people through your experiences and the experiences of those you love.
God be with us all :)
Big HUGS!
B.

Anonymous said...

Oh..and BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Way to go Barley :)
B.

Anonymous said...

Larry got the date for the procedure to resume. It will be on Thursday February 26th. They will place the last of the gold on the liver and then will start the main procedure the following week. Like I had said before they are anticipating that they will cause a pneumothorax when the move the lung but they have assured him that they are ready to deal with this if it does happen. Thank you again from me and my family for all of the prayers and support. It has been a tough week I was informed late on valentines day that my uncle whom had battled lung ca and was thought to be doing alot better past away, he was a simple man and will be greatly missed. My wife also learned that her cousin who has pancreatic cancer is not doing so well and not responding to his chemo please keep Jay in your prayers as well.

Anonymous said...

Seems to be such a small world. Not that long ago I found out that my first boyfriend (named Jay) has pancreatic cancer. I can't help but wonder if it is the same person. I have lived 34 of my 35 years without knowing someone with cancer. In the past year 5 people I know (or knew at some point in my life) were diagnosed. This has been a trying year for my faith but reading this blog, thru Robynn's entire journey, gives me renewed strength, hope, and definatley faith.

Dawn L.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shelley for being ever so faithful in your postings. I know we all really appreciate your dedication. Robynn's family is continually in my thoughts and prayers as always.

Love,
Sara