Sunday, February 22, 2009

Uncle Sonny Update 2/23

2/22 This is Callahan writing for my mom. Uncle Sonny has taken a turn for the worst and is at San Joaquin hospital in Bakersfield. My Uncle Brian is on his way down here with Brady and Hailey right now. We will keep you updated as much as we can.
Please help out with your prayers Army Goodell.

***2/23- 7:30am***He in in ICU, has been put on a ventilator and diagnosed with pneumonia and
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) He was very combative and required restraints. He opened his eyes and knew we were there and nodded his head when we told him Brian was on his way. When Brian arrived a little after midnight, I took the kids to my house to get snugly with their cousins. Hailey got Cal and Brady got T. The big kids are off to school now and Brady and Hailey are watching Pirates of the Caribbean while they wait for their blueberry muffins to come out of the oven.
My parents are Very ill w/ whatevers going around and can't be around Uncle Sonny. Please pray that my Dad gets better and is able to be with his brother soon, as I know this is tough on him.

You are Pros! You know what to do!

Pray On!
S

14 comments:

Tonya Sandoval said...

Thinking of you all right now.
Hugs,
Tonya Sandoval

Anonymous said...

Oh Goodell Family, My Thoughts, Prayers, and Love go to you all. I say to you Stand Strong.

I am praying,

Nicole

Anonymous said...

we will be praying hold him close and feel Gods's love flow over you all.

Anonymous said...

we are praying!!!!!
B.

Leslie said...

Oh goodness, many+many+many prayers to you guys during this, yet again, troubling time. Please know that we're sending very much love.

-leslie, jamie, hudson

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts will be with you today and with Uncle Sonny. Good job Cal on stepping up to help get the word out :)

Kim Funk

Unknown said...

Good morning ~ just had an opportunity to check the blog this morning. I am sorry to hear about Uncle Sonny. I began praying and searching for a scripture to pray about. I found a couple and wanted to share them. Thank you for the continued updates; I am learning that my life is on loan only. We are here on earth to serve others constantly. It has been through the incredible examples shown through all of you over this last year that I have truly come to understand. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings to each of you.

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Psalm 34: 17-18

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.
Psalm 50:15

Lord we are seeking; please answer our prayers. Stand strong.

Anonymous said...

Goodells,

Your family here at OLG is praying for you all! Take care of each other and STAND STRONG!

Much Love,

Vanessa (Ms. S)

Lois said...

I am, as always, praying for your family and sending every healthy thought your way...!

Love,
Lois

Anonymous said...

Praying for comfort for this wonderful family!

tb

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are w/ your family....

Anonymous said...

Callahan thanks for picking up the call to duty to advise us of the latest turn of health issues for your Uncle Sonny.

Most assuredly, we will pray vigilantly so that Sonny's brother & sister-in-law can spend this time being together.

With heartfelt compassion and friendship you have our prayers,support,& thoughts of encouragement.

Love,
Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family! Love and prayers.
m.

MandyMarie12 said...

Thank you for always remembering to keep us updated. I am so sorry to hear Uncle Sonny isn't feeling well but am glad to hear that, as always, you have each other during these times.