Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brian and the kids will be traveling back to Bakersfield tomorrow. We welcome Brian's expertise when it comes to hospitals and patient care...no one knows better than him,unfortunately.
I kept Uncle Sonny's grandson (Brody) last night so Monica could stay w/ her dad. First thing this morning, she called and ask that I get to the hospital ASAP because they were going to take him off the ventilator and needed 2 people to keep him calm and down. I rushed over only to find that "protocol" had not been followed, so the tube coming out would not be an option for 2 more hours. Then another wrench(sound familiar?) dialysis showed up and would keep him occupied for 5 hours. I sat patiently and read to him like I had done the day before. The Respiratory therapist came in around 2:30 and tested his ability to breathe w/out the ventilator. Her response was immediate and it was "no". Later, the Dr said a tracheotomy would be in order if he did not respond to the new breathing treatment(antibiotics directly to the lungs) All other tests came back negative, which is good, but doesn't give us a concrete direction.

Please ask God to do "His Will" and please check "comments" for an update on Larry.
It's inspiring!

Pray On!
S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, God Bless us all :)
Lots of love and prayer!

Mimi said...

Dear Goodell family,
Bless all of you as you soldier on through another difficult battle. We continue to pray for your family, Uncle Sonny, and all those you have identified in this blog. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
Much love,
Larry and Kay

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry that your Uncle Sonny is having to endure all of this.

It sounds familiar...I wish that there were people 'in the know', that could be compensated by family to be an advocate and make sure proper protocol is implemented & followed.

Having said that, I will pray that thy will be done with regard to Uncle Sonny.

Take care Goodell's one & all!!!

In friendship~
Jill West

Anonymous said...

Brian:
Have a safe trip with the kids. I think about you several times each day and struggle to write comments as I feel I have so little to say.

But, do know that you, Brady & Hailey and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope and pray that your lives will have less pain and much more peacefulness and joy.

Love,

Michelle Hansen

Anonymous said...

I feel at such a loss for words. Your family is amazing and inspiring. If more people were like all of you, this world would be a much better place. May the Lord BLESS you for your godly example to a watching world. One thing I'm sure of, if every person who wants to connect with you but doesn't know what to say (especially those of us who have never met you) could give you each a hug, you might not have time for anything else for a very long time.
Sending LOVE, HUGS and PRAYERS from Jonah's camp.