Monday, February 9, 2009

Sorry, for taking so long before posts. I started the week with a very sick Tanner:( He went back to school Wed and that allowed me to be present for my Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Joe's pre-trial. It was concluded on Thursday that the 2 teenagers accused, will stand trial for their murders and other various charges. It was a powerful thing to look them in the eye. I pray that the Lord will grant me total forgiveness of them, but I don't feel it at this time.
I ended my week with the arrival of "Gem". Our 10 week old black lab puppy. Our hope is that Ruby will return and they will be great Sissy's. I was extremely against another dog but Tanner and Tim were insistent. She is a HUGE undertaking and requires our constant attention, but is very quick to provide love and affection that warms our hearts. She's not Ruby, but she is very dear already.

I have not heard back with the information needed to donate to the Nicholas Cavalier Rehabilitation Fund @ Santa Barbara Bank. I figure they were busy with his fundraiser and they will contact me soon. Thank you for your interest and willingness to serve in any and all ways "Army Goodell".

The BEST NEWS, I have to report is that Brian, Brady and Hailey will be in Bakersfield for a few days...Hip Hip Hooray!!! They get here Thursday night and we are counting the days...hours...minutes until then. We are celebrating Papa's(our Dad) bday Friday night at Woolgrowers and we'll eat "heart pizza's" for Valentine's day.
Let the FFF begin!!!

Colossians 4:5
Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone.

Pray On!
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful you have a new puppy. While a new puppy is a lot of work, they give unconditional love. I'm reminded of decorating the Christmas tree at Tim's house this year and walking in to the kitchen to a little "puddle." I hope Gem is a real gem for you and the kids.
Love, Sharon

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of all of you when I saw the news of the pre-trial, I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the courtroom with them and if you could find forgiveness this soon I would ask for your secret.

Next, I hope & pray that Alexa Michelle is given what she requires to breathe normally & that her folks concerns are put to rest.

How wonderful that Brian & the kids will be here over Valentine's Day weekend and they'll have the pleasure of meeting "Gem", I still hold out hope for Ruby returning to you and that she'll love having a playmate.

Prayers abound for all those in need...surround yourself in love since this is the weekend where we are given the opportunity to show it,give it, and accept it!!!

In friendship~
Jill West

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday to your dad, Jerry, my classmate! And still praying for your reunion with Ruby and her getting to know her new puppy sister. Please wrap your arms around Brian, Brady, and Hailey, give them a big hug, and tell them it's from the entire Army Goodell. Love to you all.
Larry and Kay Bardin