Friday, March 28, 2008

Round 2 Chemo DONE!

Praise the Lord!
Her blood levels have remained where we want them and they have calmed down the nausea! We hope she will get to come home later today! WOO HOO!

I apologize for not sending out another post yesterday like I said I would. I have a perfectly good explanation that I will get into later, that was all Hailey's fault!(yes, I am blaming this on a 6 year old;) Anyways, when Sleeping Beauty woke up, she was feeling much better. I put some make-up on her, put on a super soft periwinkle blue hat given to Robynn by an Amazing woman and 2 time cancer survivor Mrs. Brown. When she was all beautified, we headed for the halls! Still sore from our previous marathon, I forged on as our girls faithful "IV Pusher". I'm not sure if it came from Robynn or the good Lord himself, but someone had mercy on me and only allowed about 5 laps to take place. Whew! That was a relief! Robynn tried to eat some cereal but that didn't stay down, so we opted for some humor and watched 4 episodes of The Office as a distraction. I am ashamed to say it was quite enjoyable...off-color and totally inappropriate, but very enjoyable! While Robynn and I sat on the couch, Brian commandeered Robynn's bed. Every once in a while we would look over to find Brian snoozing and just giggle with delight. Later, we had a 4 legged visitor named Mr. Bo Jangles. He was a beautiful Australian Shepard trained to cheer up patients or just bring them some companionship for a brief moment. He worked like a charm! It was pretty funny at first, because when Mr. B. J. walked in Brian is laying in Robynn's bed. This was confusing to Mr. B. J. because Robynn was calling him over to her and Mr. B.J. is trained to go to the bed for his visit. He was unbelievably intuitive and realized very quickly Robynn was the one he was there to see. He laid by her and enjoyed his massage from our very grateful girl! It was very sweet. We let Mr. Bo Jangles owners know when Robynn would be back and asked that they come find her for another visit and they agreed.

So back to the thing that is all Hailey's fault....oh yeah....I almost forgot! Since I have been here this time, my mom has not been here to help out with the kids like before. This means Auntie gets a snuggle buddy every night! This is not the problem! Auntie LOVES snuggle buddies, but this particular snuggle buddy always wants Auntie to go bed when she goes to bed(7pm,Sharp!) As you can imagine, I have things to do when I get them to bed and reassure my S.B. I will be in soon! Last night was my last night here until I return for the blood drive, so I promised my little S.B. that I would go to bed with her! Being the sneaky Auntie I am, I was going to wait for her to fall asleep and I'd hop back up and do what I needed to do! WRONG! Once I was down...I was out and when I did wake back up I was NOT going anywhere! So that's why you did not have an update last night and why it's ALL a 6 year old, named Hailey's fault!
I blame the kid! It's my story and I'm stickin to it!


Pray On and Rejoice for another treatment down!

love to all,
S

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPPY!!!!
We are so glad to hear that you are done with another treament!!! Can't wait to hear that you are home with your family!!! I remember when my mom was going through her struggle, they brought in the sweetest golden retreiver...sometimes animals have a gift of just making you feel so loved and blessed! Love those people who bring them in :) I can just picture Robynn in mom's hats...they sure seemed to bring good luck her way...and I just know that they will do the same for our dear Robynn!!! Robynn, you are such a trooper and you will get through this. You have one heck of a support group and you are so very loved and adored. Shelley, you do such an amazing job taking care of Brian and Robynn and I know that they will be forever greatful...You remind me of how our Great Amma was for us...and we really drew strenght from her. You are such a blessing to Robynn, Brian, Brady and Hailey...although...blaming a 6 year old...I don't know...sounds like something I might do...which makes it all the more scary :) We love you all and will continue to bombard the good Lord with prayer after prayer!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
And it was so nice to hear that Brian got a little shut eye too :)
GO ROBYNN!!!!!
God Bless!
T. A. O.

Anonymous said...

GO ROBYNN GO!!! HOMEWARD BOUND!! WOO HOO!!

Hi Shelley!
What a funny story! Brian is apparently getting quite comfortable with being in the hospital haha!
I'm glad to hear you're getting some rest!! Way to go, Hailey!!

Just to give everyone an update! We have LOTS of donations coming in for raffle prizes from all the girls but Melissa has really been rockin'! Also, people are coming out of the woodwork to attend and show their support for Our Girl!!! woo hoo!! All donations will receive on air recognition on V101.1 (broadcasting live from the event thanks to BreeAnn)! woo hoo!

Love, hugs, prayers, and lots of woo-hoos!
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shelley for the updates. We all appreciate your candid description of events!

Hope this finds you getting ready to head home Robynn!

Lots of love from all of us!

Michelle Hansen

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Shelley,

I blame my kids whenever I can...tee hee...Yeah Robynn! So glad you will be home soon (if not already!)

Love,
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shelley for all of your efforts in providing us up to the minute updates on Robynn, maybe a profession in journalisim or broadcasting is your calling!

Robynn, We are so happy that you are going to be able to come home so soon. We are also thankful that this time the chemo has not taken as much of a toll on you.
Take care, and have a great weekend!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Hi Robynn,
If you're going home, does that mean you can make all of our events next week??? :) The Blood Drive/ Bake Sale/ Silent Auction on April 4th 3pm-7pm and BJs on April 7th from 4pm-9pm! BreeAnn amazed us by securing this donation (15% of the bill goes to the Robynn fund!! if you mention keyword "Robynn")! Try to come if you're up to it!! We'd love to see you!!
Love,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

We're doin' "The Happy Dance" that Robynn's blood levels have sustained,her nausea is less pronounced, and the possibility of coming home for the weekend is what got our feet movin' to start the happy dance!!!

Shelley is sounds as if Hailey didn't make you go to bed you'd be running on empty...Way to go Lil' Hailey!!!

All of you take good care and keep the praise, prayers, and smiles close to your hearts.

In friendship~Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

Hi, Robynn,

It was so good to hear your day is going better today. It sounds like Mr. Bo Jangles brought you a lot pleasure. We have a four legged friend at home, Riley our border collie, who always manages to make us laugh or bring comfort to us when we are down or out of sorts.

Take care, hon.

With love, Michelle Rinehart

melriz said...

Bean!
I am so proud of you for how you are handling your chemo. From the sounds of it, you ARE a CHAMP!

Love you girl!
Missy

Ps..Shelley in my book it is ALWAYS the kids fault! LOL