Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thunder stealer!:P

It just has to be ALL ABOUT ROBYNN! She gets ALL the glory!
She just has to "one up" us all on a daily basis. Alright Chick, that's enough!
We got the "memo" on how extraordinary you are...no need to rub our nose in it!;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) You and Brian's posts put me to shame! I mean how do I follow the 2 of you? It's very bad for my self-esteem! Take it easy on me would ya!!??
I guess it's nothing a few happy pills+cocktails can't cure!
So why the heck am I whining? OK, I'm better now! hehe

Most of you obviously know how fabulous Robynn and Brian were before all this started. But if you are like me, you must sit in AWE when you see how they have responded to these deplorable circumstances. It not only renews my faith in the Lord, but it renews my faith in this world. What I have witnessed from all of you, as well as perfect strangers is an absolute PHENOMENON!

For the record, my brother did not just become who you read about in this blog since this disease showed up. He has been the same son, brother,grandson, cousin, uncle, husband, father and friend since God chose that he join us here on earth. He has always gone the extra mile to show the ones he loves they are what is most important to him.
In walk Robynn 12 years ago...Brian's PERFECT mirror! Someone as honorable and filled with what is good, far beyond what most of us expect to see in our lives. What has happened in the past 2 months is no accident! I believe God chose Brian and Robynn very carefully. The effect this is having on all of our lives would not have been accomplished by using anyone else. What
better example of love, faith, courage, perseverance, grace and devotion than that of which Robynn and Brian display daily. Do I wish God had chosen another couple...you BETCHA! But I know in my heart, we might not have paid attention!

You have our Full Attention Dear Lord, please show us how to use it for Your Glory!

I love you all for the support you have each have given our family! Our cup overflows!

Battle on faithful warriors!

XOXO,
S

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya Shelley! Count me in on the happy pills & cocktails... I'm gonna need it! ha ha!
And don't you worry your pretty little head! We love you even if you're not the daughter of Joan & Zeus (yes, I'm on to you Joan! Stop denying it!) or the Man of the Year/Decade!
I was wondering... will you be starting another blog once Robynn completes her recovery? I don't know what I'll do with myself otherwise! ;)
KEEP ON PUTTING US TO SHAME ROBYNN!!!

LOVE, HUGS AND PRAYERS!!!!!
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Now see...Crying can somethimes get your juices flowing. After a good cry, somethimes we feel empowered! So thank you Brian, Robynn...and Shelley....because I have the fortune of having 2 dear friends whose computers are down, and yet they are so into reading your blogs... so I got to read it to them....or should I say BLUBBER it to them. But after having a really good cry on the phone with them and talking about you guys and how amazing you are...dude, I feel so much STRENGTH for Robynn!!! You were so right Shelley...God has reached so many people by putting 'this burden' on Robynn and Brain and your family. We are all renewing our faith in the Lord through all of you. Thank you for that.
We FIGHT ON WITH PRAYER!!!
We love you all!!!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Aaah Shelley. I think you're holding your own!!!!!!!What a great note to make us all smile. HANG IN THERE...LET'S HAVE A GREAT DAY FOR ROBYNN, BRIAN, SHELLEY, JENNIFER, ROBYNNS MOM, & THOSE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. GOD BLESS

Emma said...

You are all beautiful, amazing inspirations.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!
Emma.

Judy Lee said...

Dear Family:
Together you are a team. But, individually, you each have your parts and roles to play. Some players have strengths in areas that others may not; but, working together, you are a strong force. You all have shown the world what family means. You have shown the world what it means to stick together to make a strong chain. When one link gets weak, the other links are there to support it, continuing to leave the entire chain strongly in tact. That's what I see in all of you. The common goal...to get Robynn well and back on her feet; and although you don't see the fans, you are hearing us loudly and clearly. We are all cheering for Robynn. We're also there to support you all if you get weak. Now the most astounding thing is that GOD has all of us covered. He's one, but HE can hold up all of us. Pray on, pray on, pray on; and may you continue to allow your link to further strengthen the chain.
- chocolate chip

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Robynn--
We love you and miss you bunches! We can't wait to see Brady and Hailey this weekend!
Love, Polly and Bobbi :)

Bree-Ann said...

Shelly-
You are fantastic and you captured the truth of the matter. We could easily say why Robynn...and trust me I have. Why not the bad guys who broke into my car THREE times in ONE month! Why not the bad people of the world? But Shelly, you nailed it. God is working through Robynn and Brian to remind us all how special HE is and that he is in all of our lives.
You show how fantastic you are too Shelly. You treat Robynn like gold and you all restore my faith in the wonderful people of the world. Thank you for that.
Keep up the great writings, fighting, praying, loving!
Love~Bree

Unknown said...

Dear Robynn and Brian

You have been in our thoughts and prayers daily. We have the greatest respect for the two of you, and we are here to help in any capacity.

Love
Charlie and Leslie Sauer

PS Shelley kicks butt on medical info translating.

Anonymous said...

sorry about the cancer i hope you feel much better i am in 5th grade at olg. get well soon. we are all praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I feel as I could fly with grateful thanksgiving that the nasty tumors are shrinking under our girl's strong fight and will.I too feel that the Lord is showing us how great HE is and how he is here for us all to see and grow thru Robynn and Brian and the kids.
Shelly thank you for helping me and others to understand all the medical stuff and WOW you are a tremendous friend to us all(I am looking foreward to meeting you one day) The quote for the day from my little Aunt's book-
HE PRAYETH BEST,WHO LOVETH BEST ALL THINGS BOTH GREAT AND SMALL:FOR THE DEAR GOD WHO LOVETH US,HE MADE AND LOVETH ALL.
Sweet dreams and sleep ever so peacefully you two...I love you,Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi robynn,
This is the fifth grade class at our lady of grace we heard about the cancer and we all made a donation. And a few girls in the class made up a little paragraph for you here it is:

hey robynn
we just want to say hi and we are all so sad that you have cancer. Also we are all praying for you and we are buying lolipops from the third grade and your son brady. Also we are all making donations for you. like an girl in our class use all of her allowence for the whole month to make a 50 dollar donation for you and your family.
FRom
girls in fifht grade