Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chemotherapy starts...

My Dear Friends and Family,

I am very sorry to report that Robynn's wish to spend this weekend with Brian, Brady and Hailey was unable to be granted. Upon returning from Texas yesterday, she started vomiting and then lost consciousness. She was taken by ambulance to Sutter-Roseville. Tests show that there is another sizable tumor now pushing on the other side of her stomach as well as her intestines. She just can't seem to catch a break! Because of how fast this cancer recreates and spreads itself, chemotherapy was imminent!
She was given medication to help with the pain and vomitting which sedates her pretty well. When we left last night she was on her 1st of 2 units of blood and the administering of chemotherapy was minutes away. Brian was staying with her and has not reported any complications so we get great peace from that.
Our main goal is to keep Robynn comfortable and rested. We have no idea how her body will react to treatment, but the list of side effects are absolutely frightful! Please pray that Robynn gathers strength and feels no pain or discomfort. Please pray for our family, as we feel so unprepared and unequipped to handle this situation gracefully.
Robynn and our family know how much you love and care for her and how worried you are about her. The greatest gift you can give her is your prayers! Please don't stop!, Please pray and ask everyone you know to do the same! I know He hears us! Maybe we just aren't being loud enough. ...Give it your all!!! I'm down on my knees, please join me!

Please continue to be respectful of the decision to not allow any visitors or phone calls at this time. You are more than welcome to send things to the hospital(no balloons) but would recommmend we see how coherant she is first. You know Robynn,...she would hate for you to spend the $ if she wasn't able to enjoy it!;) Boy, she makes me SMILE!
I will find out today about her alertness and report back tonight.

God Bless You All
XOXO,
Shelley

Prayer-When life is more than you can stand...kneel

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Robynn, Brian and Goodell Clan,
I am down on my knees and will not stop praying for peace and comfort for all of you. Robynn, your spirited character and amazing smile are a direct link to God and he will take care of you. I know this is not what you wanted but God works in strange ways sometimes. I pray these next 5 days are the K.O. punch you need so that you can get that time with your family you so want and deserve.
The Haiens family (Kelly, Bill, Spencer & Mason) are rallying in Bako with all the rest of your frineds and family here. We are pretty tough (just like you) and won't stop until you are through this.
Much love and hugs,
Kelly

Papa Kevsan said...

Robynn it is a trubuite to you and Brian that so many people family and friends even apparent strangers are following your blog and praying for you. We love even though weve been apart you have never left our heart or prayer. Be strong Christian Soldier.

Anonymous said...

Our father, who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is is heaven
Give us this day
Our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil
For the kingdom, the power and the glory are yours
Now and FOREVER...
..Amen.

Robynn...Brian,
We have prayed,
We are praying,
and we will continue to pray.
God bless you and may God guide you and your family through this unimaginable time. NEVER GIVE UP....NEVER!
All our love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Robynn,
You are the most courageous woman I know! Even though you and your family are going through these difficult times, know that you are never alone! You and your family are in our prayers! We are thinking about you daily. We love you so much and know you can do this! FIGHT!
Love, Emilie, Chris, Lindsey, and Ashley

kulfamily said...

Robynn,

I'm praying for you and your family everyday, stay strong sweetie!! Here's a passage I thought you'd like:

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain. ’Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20.

With all our love and prayers, Kristen, Ken, Kendle and Konner

Anonymous said...

Dearest Robynn,
STAY STRONG! You can do this!! I just know you have it in you!!! I am so thankful to Shelley for this blog and for the opportunity to send you strength from Seattle. Thank you Shelley, thank you!

Love to the entire family.
Kerrie

Anonymous said...

Robynn, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I love you and my family and I are praying for you. When I think of you I think of the picture of you and Jenny in your "little house on the prairie" hats when you were little. Your were the cutest little girls ever with your little dimples. I love you, your cousin Theresa

Anonymous said...

Robynn,
Keep fighting and know that your strong spirit is keeping you fighting.I too am down on my knees and I too am ever so grateful to you Shelly for the blog,thank you.It is my wish that you get to come home for your family and the time you so richly deserve.
Keep your eyes upward.
I love you all,Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. You are in my prayer all throughout the day and night. God Bless.
Love, Julie, Jared and Ari