Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back from CAT Scan

Good evening "Army Goodell"!
It's 7:30 and she just got back to her room. While we were waiting, Brian and I ran to a local Thai restaurant to get her some Pad Thai, fried tofu and won-ton soup(because my treats were not quite enough;) Boy does this family love to eat!!! For those of you worried about Brian...I arrived w/ a pastrami & cornbeef sandwhich for him and turkey for myself. We waited for over 3 hours and couldn't shove them in fast enough after Robynn was wheeled off to her scan, as eating in front of her is not an option when she can't partake.
She had her own little smorgasborg and Brian and I were sure to join in;) We are now getting ready to snuggle up for NBC Thursday night TV.
Her Dr just came in and said her scan was better than expected. The fluid in her belly was nothing compared to "Norm" (6 litres). There was probably only 1/2 a litre and in no way was that worth the pain of that big needle being stuck in her. Her lungs contain effusions in the lower lobes (pockets of fluid). Big deep breaths and coughing can usually pop these open and send them packin!!! Go Robynn Go! She will get 2 more units of blood tonight as well as some plasma.

I think I covered it all. Gotta watch the rest of Earl....

Pray On!
S

8 comments:

Debbie Doo said...

Continued good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you all the time Robynn...and of course Brian too! We know Robynn is a tough girl and will be back home soon! Sending you lots of LOVE and PRAYERS from Pleasanton!

Cammie & Jeff

Anonymous said...

Sweet Robynn,Brian and Shelley,
It is my earnest hope that you read your blog nightly as before and that I can say good night to you and have peaceful rest-ALL 3 OF YOU.I am praying for the Dr.'s wisdom on the next steps and that they find the source of the fevers.
I am here for anything that I can do for u.Enjoy all the goodies that Sweet Shelley has(made me hungry)
I am praying in hope and love.
soilder Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!
Go Robynn Go!! TCDB-turn, cough, deep breathe...! You can do it!
Love, Emilie

MandyMarie12 said...

These last two blogs are making me hungry! :-) Makes me happy just to read about all of you making the most of family time together. So nice to hear that her scans were good and her tummy is Norm free.

Good night, Goodells. Sleep tight...

Mandy

MandyMarie12 said...

BTW, are you guys at Cedars-Sinai or UCLA?

Anonymous said...

Love the latest news - thank you Lord! We continue to pray for peace and comfort.

Anonymous said...

Boy how I wish I were a Dr. with the miracle cure...or even a friend or loved one who could wrap you in a warm embrace during what must be a frustrating and scarey time. What I CAN do, is reassure you that your blog has touched and changed the lives of so many people across the country. When I joined you on this journey I was living in Virginia (can't get much further fom CA than that!), teaching 3rd grade, and taking a GREAT deal of my life for granted. Now I pray with you from Colorado, teaching 1st grade, and with an entirely new perspective on gratitude, strength, and awareness of all that I have to be thankful for! Prior to your blog, I rarely prayed...and usually only in emergancies...not the daily prayer I take time for now. When I had extra money, I shopped. Now I think of those less fortunate than myself and figure out where that money can best be used. This week, a student needed boots in order to be able to go outside for recess! As a teacher, I have always known that little things make all the difference in the lives of my students, but Robynn has taught me to take that so much further than my classroom. My life, and my children's lives will never be the same because of your willingness to share your story and strength. I hope today brings good news and a fresh start, and if nothing else may you always know how truly grateful this complete stranger is!