Tuesday, December 9, 2008

End Yondelis Round 1

Ok, here's what happened yesterday. It was Brain's goal from the beginning to get her to Rodeo drive and see all the gorgeous shop windows decorated for Christmas. When we realized how bad her health was, it just didn't seem obtainable and it kind of became a standard joke this trip. There she was laying in bed and she blurts out "let's go to Rodeo Dr.". Brian and I brush her off and joke back but have no intentions to take her anywhere at this point. She says it again while Brian is taking off to the drugstore and once again we joke back and he leaves. Upon his return she says, "lets go to Rodeo Drive"(mind you, it's now after 9pm) "you're serious"?I am, "yep, I've got cain fever and I know he(Brian) wants to go" I respond with "Brian can go;)" she starts sitting up and asking for her uggs and we were off, like a heard or turtles;)
We made it around Rodeo Dr and then decided we should visit Uncle Sonny at Cedars Sinai because he didn't sound good when Brian spoke to him over the phone. We arrived at the hospital about 10pm and gave our Uncle the most wonderful surprise...Robynn! He was ecstatic! He could not stop talking about what a wonderful gift this was and how she inspires him to beat his own cancer diagnosis. It was quite touching.
On the way home we had a little detour to South Central and got down with the Homies G'S. After "breakin it down" with them, we ended up stuck on the freeway in gridlock traffic.
Thank the Lord for small miracles...she was ok during it all. A little wobbly and sluggish, but the total warrior that we have witnessed many times.
This morning she is not faring as well, but we are gearing up for her 10 am appt. Sorry to cut this short, but I must get ready for today......

Pray On!
S

13 comments:

Mimi said...

Dear Brian, Robynn, and Shelley:
We all know there is strength in numbers, and the Goodell clan, Robynn's family, and your amazing friends and soldiers are all a vast army converging with prayer for your comfort, rest, and healing. Hang in there all of you. We love you all so much!
Kay and Larry

Anonymous said...

What a girl! What a warrior! If you believe, you can achieve. She inspires us all.
-cc

Anonymous said...

Robynn and Brian,

I'm sure there is not much I can say that hasn't already been said. So I just wanted to say "HI" and I love you two very much!

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Robynn, keep going sweetheart, you are the "keep going kid". I remember when you were in High School, you would come to life around 9:00pm!!:):) The 6:00am openings at La Bou weren't as much fun but you always made it.
Love You Lots!
A VERY PROUD Dad!

Anonymous said...

What a great story! Oh Pretty Woman indeed. :) Robynn you continue to remind us all of the power of prayer and faith. I know all "soldiers" continue to stand strong together in prayer for you all. May comfort and grace continue to surround you in abundance.

xoxo,
Kellie Stroud :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Robynn, Shelley, & Brian!

I'm so glad to see you all made it to Rodeo Drive and to see Uncle Sonny! You are such a champ Robynn!! Hang in there Robynn! You are an incredibly strong woman! I can't say it enough! An inspiration to all!

I love you sweet pea!!

Love, hugs, and prayers!
Kristy

Sheryl said...

It's been awhile since I left a comment but I read every update that comes in. Inspired by your determination, Robynn. It's hard for me to get out and do anything but I think if YOU are doing it, I need to get out and live life.

Praying on in Michigan,
Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Oh Robynn & Brian,
You are the most beloved couple I know or will probably ever know. While I know times are bad now and how hard this is for all of you, I have to say that you also are the most blessed of people. To have the love that you have for each other, your children, and your wonderful family & friends, you are truly GOD'S ANGELS. Enough said for now. STAND STRONG & BELIEVE. YOU WILL PERSEVERE.

Anonymous said...

Just like that ol' Alabama song "Can't Keep a Good Man Down", well the same is true for Sweet Robynn, "Can't Keep a Good Gal Down...either!!!"

I was happy to read that Uncle Sonny & Robynn had a chance to visit ; I hope that both are reaping the benefits from their separate visit's to the hospitals they are assigned to.

Keeping up the prayers & healing thoughts!!!! Can we assume that you all enjoyed your excursion to Rodeo Drive?!

Be well, strong, & in comfort.

Love & friendship~
Jill & Bob West

Anonymous said...

So much love and prayer....Father Craig lifted you all up in prayer this morning at prayer breakfast...As always, you are all in our constant thoughts!
Love,
B.

Anonymous said...

Well Well Well-Rodeo Drive-how was it?I am amazed as well that you could get out and then to see Uncle Sonny.What a blessing and a craaaazzzyy late night excursion...I am praying soo hard for you and in hope and love.
I am ever sooo proud of the 3 of you and you just take good care of our girl as well as yourselves.
I love you,
Soilder Miss Denise
Sleep tight and tackel tomarrow with that strength of yours.

Anonymous said...

Okay... so today is Wednesday and I wanted to put a new message on today's fresh post but there isn't one yet (Like Shelley - priorities!) :) Totally kidding of course - Robynn, I am sending you my biggest and bestest hugs via the internet right now. Take care sweetie and hang in there!!!
Love, Kim

MandyMarie12 said...

I, too, am a Wednesday poster who just can't get my mind of Robynn :-) I am so glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Now we all have the job of visualizing the Yondalis in your body kicking some cancer ass. Today, Robynn, I think of you only as whole in body, mind and soul. We demand that you are healed and we believe that this is the trial that was sent as our miracle.