Saturday, April 26, 2008

God is SO GOOD!

I cannot wait to here how today's Texas Hold Em tournament for Robynn goes! I am sorry I will miss it, but look forward to the pictures and stories behind it;) There's still a few tickets left, so if you want to join the fun please call;
Kristy @ (916) 519-1488

We all need to say a prayer of thanks and praise for the many people that are making today's event a success! This has been a HUGE undertaking! Not only has "Army Goodell"(High School Div:) put in countless hours, they have also enlisted new troops to donate and help out as well. Keep in mind some donors know Our Girl! To some she is a complete stranger and they have immediately "taken up arms"! God is so GOOD! People are so GOOD!
You ALL are so GOOD!

This Battle has brought us all to our knees...

sometimes to pray...
sometimes to weep...
sometimes to beg...
sometimes to give thanks...
sometimes to ask "why"?

Whatever the reason, it is because we BELIEVE in God's GOODNESS and know we must look to Him for guidance. He is our salvation and He will give us Refuge! Some days we don't feel it! Some days we feel naked, wandering in the desert...make NO MISTAKE! He is with us!
He Will "carry" Robynn!
He Will "carry" us !
He has already given us so many reasons to continue to trust in Him and be Faithful.
He has taken Robynn and used her to create miracles in others lives!
He has brought prayer to people that have never prayed!
How AWESOME is that?

Continue to serve as you do Army Goodell! I have no orders!
You are in no need of my direction...you have already found your way!

I love you all and continue to be "In Awe"
S

8 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN TO THAT!! :O) Goodell Family(that includes you too Shelley!) ~ have I told you lately how much you inspire me??!!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

Anonymous said...

You write so beautifully and have really helped so many feel close to Robynn. Thank you for that!

ps a while back, someone mentioned that you should write a book, I and others agree...

melriz said...

Bean!
It is finally here...I am so excited and of course nervous. Nervous in the way that I want this to go soooo well for you. I am pumped and ready to do whatever it takes to get EVERYTHING I can for YOU!
I am soooo happy we spoke yesterday. You have brought me happiness finally into my life and I WILL never forget it.

I love you!
Missy

Anonymous said...

Shelley,

Thank you so very much for all you do to keep us informed. As said before, you write with such eloquence. You are a sweetie pie! : )

Dina

Anonymous said...

I would read the book :) Shelley, Robynn, Brian, yomake our hearts feel. That is a good thing...whether we feel pain or joy, hope or dispair, many times even anger :( ...but, you have made us FEEL! You are deserving people, and I so pray for God to give his graces to you. Through all the tears reading Shell Bells last blog, laughter did come at the vission of all of us running through the desert NAKED :) Yikes :) But I so agree, at times like these naked is a very good description. We are naked under God...maybe that is why so often I find myself praying in the shower, because we are stripped down to our most vulnerable state. So let's all get NAKED and PRAY!!!!!
We love you Goodells and Army Goodell! We fall to our knees and pray!
Forever in our hearts!

Anonymous said...

Shelley - what a beautiful post :) We all love you guys so much and want the absolute best for Robynn and that BIG family she has. Oh and yes, S, put me on your list for book orders - I'm in for sure!
May the angels be looking over all of Army Goodell today ~ wherever each member may be ~ can't wait to hear how the big event went!
:) Kim

Anonymous said...

Soilder Miss Denise reporting in.
I know how much fun everyone had at your event and how successful it was.As for me-I was praying as I watched the 2 Sloan boys,2 Young girls and Gage.I had a wonderful time and am soooo glad that I could help so they could go and play and the guys did really well...You sooo deserve all the out pouring of support.Count me in as well Shelly if you write a book and that I keep you in my prayers as you minister to all of us. God is so good and is watching over our girl and all of us.
Praying in love and hope,
Miss Denise

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Shelley! I wish you could have been there today! It was a huge success!!!!! I am beside myself!! :)

I was so thrilled to see Robynn, I think I was shrieking in joy. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable Robynn. I tried to keep my composure!! I just want to hug you and hold on forever!! I love you so much Robynn!! It was so great to see you! You are so animated, fun, sweet and loving!!You are just a joy to be around! :)

I have to write some of the details of the night out for you! So many people came and showed support for our girl!! It was unreal!! I couldn't go to bed without telling you!! :)

Good night Goodells! We love you all and are blessed to have you in our lives! :)

Love, hugs, and prayers!
Kristy