Monday, April 14, 2008

Please pray for Gavin and Samantha

Dear "Army Goodell",

Your "Orders" have been updated to include the following;

Gavin Bennis (5 yrs) was in Reno this past Friday on a camping trip and had a biking accident. He broke his jaw and required 30+ stitches in his lower face. He is in ICU with his jaw now wired. Please pray for him, his Mom Sue(a dear friend of Robynn's) his Dad Dave and brother Jacob.

Sixteen year old Samantha Rankin has been diagnosed with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Pupura (ITP). A condition that keeps her with a very low platelet count. Please pray for her, her Mom Krys, Dad Kevin and sister Sydney.

I cannot help but hear the song "Jesus loves the little children".
Please keep Gavin and Samantha in your every prayer!

We are almost ready to head up to the hospital and get started on Round 3!!!
Bring it ON!;)

Pray on!
S

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are repeaters, however, I believe they fit, and are worth repeating. He is bigger than all our problems . . . give them to Him!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Anonymous said...

They are in my prayers!

Robynn, you are such a wonderful person! I can't say it enough or even put into words how special you are and how honored I am to be your friend. Thank you for the birthday message from the hospital!! I can't stop the tears right now!! I am so touched!! I love you so much!!

Love, hugs, and prayers!
Kristy

Anonymous said...

When I can't find the right words to express Robynn's journey and that of those who love her, I will "borrow" the words from Sydney Carter, songwriter of "One More Step Along the World I Go"

This song was sung in church on Sunday and it reminds me of the trek we all make in life, but is heartfelt for the march of the "Goodell Army". Continued prayers for you all from Jeannie Grider

One more step along the world I go,
One more step along the world I go,
From the old things to the new
Keep me traveling along with you.

Chorus:
And it's from the old I travel to the new,
Keep me traveling along with you.

Round the corners of the world I turn,
More and more about the world I learn.
And the new things that I see
You'll be looking at along with me.

Chorus

As I travel through the bad and good
Keep me traveling the way I should.
Where I see no way to go
You'll be telling me the way, I know.

Chorus

Give me courage when the world is rough,
Keep me loving though the world is tough.
Leap and sing in all I do,
Keep me traveling along with you.

Chorus

You are older than the world can be
You are younger than the life in me.
Ever old and ever new,
keep me traveling along with you.

Chorus