Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hot Off The Presses!

Good morning Everyone!
Yesterday was a great day! There was no real “appropriate” time to make special thank you mentions as people attended at different times, etc. so I’m doing it via Shelley (aka Blog Queen) and the blog!

First, thank you so much to everyone who attended. The blood drive was so successful that in the end, people had to be turned away! (No worries, you can always donate at a Blood Source location). In addition, the bake sale and silent auction? WOW! Your purchases made our event very profitable – thanks so much! I know you are all wondering how we did, but we don’t have that all down yet – just know we did a LOT – thanks to you!

OLG (Our Lady of Grace) - we thank you! Vanessa Scroggins (The "Lollipop Lady" and my partner in crime!) and Rich, "The Main Man of OLG - thank you for ALL that you did! Donating your wonderful environment, "delegating" jobs to your kids, ETC. - thank you so much!

I’d like to request that you remember to support the local businesses that donated items to our event. PLEASE! J They don’t want to see us coming in to ask for donations and then NEVER seeing us again – that’s not fair – so support them! We had many great donations – and please know that NONE was considered small in our book – they were all important in doing what we wanted to do!

Scrapbook Addict – thank you for not only donating a silent auction gift but for allowing us to use your store as “Robynn Headquarters” for our meetings! We are not done yet, so you will be seeing us again soon! In addition, Sarah and Helen (owners) have plans for their customers and the public to help create a few special scrapbooks for Robynn! Be watching the fundraising blog for details on that next week. And DON’T tell us that you’re not creative enough – we’ll help you!

Okay back to the business at hand - we’ve established that we couldn’t do it without the donations… but the other end of that were the people who went out and requested those donations! We had many great people gathering donations but two women REALLY hit the pavement hard! At our event, two ladies were wearing silver “Angel of Friendship” pins – they didn’t know why, I just told them to put them on and I’d tell them why later. WELL – let’s put it this way, if we were selling Girl Scout Cookies – Emma Arias and Nicole Winger would have been competing for the prize! I cannot stress enough how crucial it was for those girls to do what they did. HUGE! So thank you girls – you earned your “wings” for sure by supporting Robynn in the way you did! (They will also be receiving the Robynn car magnet as well – see our fundraising blog next week for details on that!). Thank you thank you thank you.

Bloodsource – Wow, what can we say? Kate Blake and the Bloodsource team were awesome as were our donors!!! The blood drive was a great success! Thanks so much! (If you want to host a future drive – it is soooo easy to do – Kate and the team did ALL of the work – trust me on this!).

And for the rest of you… whether you helped by baking for our sale, donating blood, hanging flyers and spreading those lengthy emails, or you helped “man” or set up tables, or you stayed at home watching kids so that WE could attend, or if you PRAYED that our day would be a success… whatever job you took on as yours – you KNOW who you are, you KNOW what you did, and we are eternally grateful to you ALL.

Gratefully,
Kim Funk
And the “West Sac Girls”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kim and Vanessa! You two did a fabulous job!!!! I'm so glad to have been a part of it!

Take care! And see you soon!

Look for Vanessa on the 26th! She is going to school all the men at our poker tournament!! Look out! :)

Love,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

I don't know you Guys and Gals personally...but YOU ROCK!!!! Robynn is so blessed to have such wonderul friends....and she is such a blessing to so many :) We were so sorry to miss your event, but so overjoyed to hear of it's success!!!! You all have inspired me and my girlfiends to reconnect and really cherish our wonderful friendships! Thank you for all you are doing for Robynn and her family!!! With all of you behind her holding her up...I don't see how she can ever fall! You guys ROCK!!! You guys will have a lot to talk about on your vacation :)God Bless you all!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Brayden was discharged today and is home resting! He told Carol he's feeling better when he woke up this afternoon. He is still continuing the inhaler and breathing treatments, but doing much better! Yeah! Thank you for your support and prayers!

lots of love,
Kristy

Unknown said...

Hey Robynn:

So I wanted to share something with you that happened yesterday. While in line to give blood there was a woman in front of me. I just assumed that she and everyone else knew you. We were making small talk and then she asked me if I knew this Robynn woman. I told her absolutely, and gave her a little information. Turns out, she knew nothing about you. . . she just heard about giving blood so she came. Well, I felt it my duty to let her know what an incredible wife, mom, friend, and neighbor you are and gave her information on how to keep updated on your progress. She was so sweet and was so impressed with everything that was going on and all the people that came in support. When we were done donating and we were having our apple juice and shortbread cookies together, she stopped and stated that she wished you well and she will be checking the blog. I was really touched! I can not tell you how many wonderful people I had the honor of meeting and talking with yesterday. It was such a wonderful event; and everyone worked so hard. You would have been so proud! Just wanted to share with you. I miss you! I hope you had a better day and that you WBC is better than yesterday. Been really wrestling with God about you since I spoke with Brian yesterday. I don’t want this blog to be too long so I’ll end here and start another one. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I know I speak for many when I say that meeting you in person at OLG was great.
We all felt the love, energy and passion at the blood drive.
let's keep the action going!!!
Let's get all the poker tables filled and have a blast in Rocklin!

Judy B-C said...

Sabrina,

That stranger is me "Judy B.-C." Brosi-Chrzanowski is way too long for my friends. Thanks for mentioning me on the blog.

Thanks for making my two hours in line so happy, I'm still smiling because of the entire drive for Robynn.

I lost my sister in 2000 to two kinds of cancer and I hope and pray that Robynn is here to stay and that some day I can meet her.

I would love to help, please e-mail me moe information on meetings,etc so I can be in the loop if I can.

"hold a true friend with both your hands" -Nigerian Proverb

Much Love,

Judy
jchrz99@aol.com