Monday, April 14, 2008

Round 3 ALMOST started;)

My mom and I arrived last night about 6pm and when we went to bed at midnight, all seemed to be ok with Miss Robynn. Little did we know, out of NOWHERE, she woke up vomitting and feeling very ill. This continued this morning and delayed our departure since she was hoping to get a better handle on her nausea before starting the 40 minute drive to the hospital. When Robynn's Dr. saw her in the hall and heard how bad she had been feeling, she ordered a CT Scan to check things out. Before they can do the CT Scan they have to check her blood levels. Just our luck! Her PIC line is jammed and they need to do an x-ray to make sure it's in the right place and then flush it with "cath-flow"to break up the blockage.
Since her Pic line is not functional they had to "poke" her to get her blood draw...good times!
If her labs come back without any problems, then she will start drinking the "contrast" for her CT Scan!(YUMMY)
That's all I got for now! I will let you know when we accomplish all the above and get chemo started!

Pray ON!
S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough little Bean! Keep your head up!! This is a battle like no other...but you are up to the challenge. I know it! You WILL win!

I love you dearly. You are my every thought today. I wish I could do more. I guess I will just settle for hoping with all my heart that you are able to find some peace and comfort at some point today.

LOVE YOU...
'Restless in Seattle',
Kerrie

Anonymous said...

Robynn - my mom (raising my sister Susie STILL at age 43) has been told many times that God ONLY gives you what you can handle... so I guess he is just WAY too impressed by you, and thus keeps filling up your challenges list! I hope this all passes soon so you can continue on your road to recovery!
Take care and take it easy if you can :)

Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shelley,
We are sure praying for Robynn and Brian and all of you. You all are such strong people...so I guess you are going to have to SHOW US WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF :) We are just praying and praying for you guys to get through the YUCKIES. We love you and we pray on.....
Please give Robynn a hug for us!
God Bless,
Brandy

michelle perea said...

Hi, my name is Michelle Perea, I live in Tracy CA and I have been on your site for over 2 hours now. I'm a part of the Partylite family and this is how I heard of your story. My story is so similar, I know exactly some of what you are dealing with. After many tests, on Oct. 31-07 I was diagnoised with soft tissue sarcoma. Kaiser told me the tumor was not resectable, the cancer was stage 4 and I maybe had 6-12 months to live. This was unimaginable news, especially since I had so much to live for, a 16 year marriage, 4 children under the age of 12 and I was only 38. After some research, I went to Stanford for a second opinion, they felt they could remove the tumor, but gave me a small chance of surviving. On Dec. 3-07 the surgery was extensive, 12 hours, 10 surgeons, an artificial graft of my aorta and vessels to my liver, intestines, stomach and kidney. Two days later, I realized I made it, God had spared my life! I lost my spleen, right kidney and rib when the 11 lb. tumor, the size of a nerf football, was removed. I was in the hospital for almost 2 months and had a few complications, but I'm here. Now, I'm preparing for the Relay for life on May 3&4 to walk as a survivor, God is awesome! I'm so thankful to him for letting me find you! I have been praying for you and didn't even know who you were. I hope to meet you and share "war" stories, but mostly to let you know you are not alone and God will get you through this time. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers, and know I will be walking for you at Relay this year too. Much love to you!