Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pay It Forward!

Robynn was a busy little bee yesterday! She went to Brady and Hailey's baseball game and then headed to Rocklin to surprise the Troops that were getting ready for the Texas Hold Em tournament. She loved getting to see all their hard work first hand and telling them thank you in person. What a gal! I'm sure she passed out tons of "Robynn Hugs" as well! I know Kristy got one that she didn't want to let go of...I know the feeling!
They returned home with a little bit of the 'yuckies', but nothing our girl couldn't handle;)
She took a nap and awoke to find Cal waiting to play the song written for her LIVE! What a treat! Aunt Robynn was overwhelmed with emotion...so was Uncle Brian! What happened to their "sweet girl" that they used to load up in a convertible mustang, drive across the open water of the San Mateo bridge singing The Lion King soundtrack at the top of their lungs? She was gone! She sat before them, a beautiful, bright, shy young woman that was using her God given talent to help take care of someone that had always taken such incredible care of her. I do not know if she can understand the impact of this priceless act of love. As her Mom, I get it, as her Aunt and Uncle, they get it! I hope someday Callahan Christine will realize what it meant to share herself with all of us and give us Hope for a better day!

Let your "God given talent" shine! Use it to brighten someone elses day!
Use it for HIS Glory!

Pray On!
S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Cal!
We are all singing your song around our house, it is stuck in our brains;) Thank you for sharing your gift with us and letting us feel your connection and love for Robynn. I have had the honor of watching you grow into a beautiful and talented young woman. I love you!

Robynn....I am sure your brought luck to many for last nights poker tourney! Wish we could have been there, it sounded like so much fun and the prizes were incredible. And of course the purpose is the true reason! Can't wait to hear all about it. Hope the rest of your weekend is peaceful and relaxing. We love you!

Kelly H.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Robynn,
I so wish I could have been there last night, I was thinking about you and all the other West Sac Girls last night. I am sure it was a great evening, full of love for you...
It was so nice to see you at the little league field (even though you guys kicked our butts.

Hugs and love,
Stina

Tonya Sandoval said...

Callahan,
I was blown away by your song. I myself have zero musical ability so I am always amazed (and a little jealous) of the talent of others. I am sure aunt Robynn was completely taken by your song and the message.
Keep up the good work!
Tonya Sandoval & Family

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a beautiful update. I can't wait to hear the details of your benefit! Earlier I suggested you write a book, and sincerely meant it. You words are so meaningful, it is obvious how much you love Robynn and Brian and Brady and Hailey. Everytime you post, you make me feel like a stronger person. I truly mean this. You have taken something as simple as a blog and turned it into an army of online supporters...a prayer group that reaches from coast to coast. Not everyone has the ability to do this. Someday I REALLY hope to read a book by Shelley...

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the Poker tourney went GREAT!!! Robynn, you are in our thoughts, our prayers, and our hearts every single day! You too Brian! And you Brady, and you Hailey! Robynn, we really hope that you are feeling a little better today...no, ALOT better!! I am constantly blasting I CAN ONLY IMAGINE around the house and singing at the top of my lungs and praying for you and your family!.....and then I realize the windows are all open.....and, well, there is really no going back....so I continue :) I pray for God to guide you and your family through this very difficult time and I just picture you smiling through your pain. You are amazing, Robynn!!! We are praying for you to get your miracle...WE LOVE YOU!!!
God Bless,
Brandy